StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Setting up a camera

• Setting up a camera

Posted by tielz18896 on May 11, 2018 at 12:26 pm

What distance and height do you use for camera placement for video recording poling sessions? I am using my Android phone. Is there a preferred camera type that will not cost a lot of money that will be better than a phone?

TreesySpins replied 5 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • dustbunny

May 12, 2018 at 2:45 pm

I set up my phone on the floor (I just lean it against a wall or chair) about 10-12′ away from the pole. More distance is better but you just have to work with whatever you have available. ☺

• Veena

Administrator
    May 12, 2018 at 10:29 pm

If you have limited space and can’t fit your whole body in frame, try pointing the camera a mirror.

If you want to look taller, keep the camera low, if you’d like to look more like you normally would keep it mid level. If you can get a lot of distance over head can work but if it’s too close you’ll just look stumpy.

• tielz18896

May 12, 2018 at 10:47 pm

Thank you both. I definitely don’t want to look stumpy. I am 4’9″ lol.

• TreesySpins

May 13, 2018 at 1:50 am

I’m 4’7” so I know the struggle well!! I found that keeping my phone as far away as possible is better! I like Veena’s idea of recording your reflection in a mirror. That’ll give you more space to work with. Also I second the recommendation to film from a slightly lower angle because it’ll make you a bit taller looking. Also, lighting is everything! Play with lots of lights from different angles to find out which are the most flattering for you in the video.