SV Instagram??

LatinPoler Paid Member
I can’t find SV Instagram page anymore!! What happened?
11 days ago
Veena
I'm no longer using IG
11 days ago
LatinPoler Paid Member
Totally get it!
11 days ago
Veena
Looks like it's time to retire. You've been the only person who's cared or noticed, Veena is irrelevant these days.

When you no longer have something to offer it's best to move on before you make a fool of yourself. It's like an eighty year old woman having plastic surgery in hopes of looking 20 again to attract young men.

My lessons are still being used by hundreds every month but honestly it's not rewarding at all when there's no interaction. I didn't start SV to make money off of lessons I started it because I wanted to create a community for people who pole so they can feel safe, inspired and connected.
2 days ago
PoleAdventures Paid Member
I think there is a reason because not much people noticed or did not asking. For me personally that happened too:
I'm still in IG but don't use it or interact that much with it at the moment. There is too much pressure IG makes on me as a "normal non athletic" pole dancer, with a normal live. IG is full of crazy tricks,monthly challenges and posts like "easy beginner move (a twisted grip aiwalk!!!)". And I fell in this trap.. thinking I can achieve ALL these moves I saved for later, I only have to try these, watching the videos again and again, frustrating, not achieving those "beginner moves". Yes...guess what? I was and I am not ready for the moves. It's that what makes me not using IG that often and I am proud of that I'm finally realized what happened to me.

So to be honest: after about 2 years of pole dance platform hopping, other courses using, IG checking, moves for later saving, unstructured training, this was enough for my frustration and luckily I understand....finally. The only thing I did constantly in this time is this: Whenever I saw a move, I checked if Veena has a tutorial or prep work for it. I broke down the steps to a move and everytime I checked it here. This would have worked, but the fact I was trying moves I'm not ready for makes not happen.

So for me it is time to be absolute honest to myself (and maybe a lot of polers here could thinking of it as well), the only safe and biggest progress in pole dancing I made was the time I was active on SV.

Veena, you have not been forgotten, it's just us not ready seeing the truth about IG and what it does to us. But I think a lot of polers will soon or later begin thinking about it and change. When minds shift, they come back.

Thank you for all the tutorials, your teaching and to be honest about your feelings. I am a proud member of SV and I really appreciate you and your content!!

HUGS and LOVE 💜💜💜
2 days ago
Veena
I appreciate your response! Sadly I don't see people coming back to use the website for more than just tutorials. I wish I knew what to do. I love teaching so much, but it's not fun anymore. Without interaction it's just me making tutorials and marketing so it's all about money and I miss the people...
2 days ago
Remi Probably
For whatever it's worth, I actually just decided to check back here after having to take a long break from pole (shoulder surgeries), and I was really glad to see this website is still here! I'm also in kind of a weird place regarding whether or not I want to return to my in-person studio, for various reasons, so I was really happy to see that this platform still exists. It's always been encouraging and supportive at all levels, whereas Instagram is just a constant feeling of being left behind if I can't do all the new fancy tricks that are trending. Of course, I understand that things change and I'm just one person, but I also really appreciate you and this online space!
2 days ago
LatinPoler Paid Member
IG is not as it used to be… as others said, it’s all about impressing or selling something. Not about the community or encouragement. Even worse, now it’s a competition for the most FX with Reels/TikToks. I don’t enjoy it as I used to. So I totally support your decision.
2 days ago
LatinPoler Paid Member
And it’s been pain with the shadowbanning and the music copyrights. I personally think that IG for pole had its golden moment a few years ago (3-4) but now it’s mainly a source of frustration.
2 days ago
Veena
Nice to see you back Remin, please let me know if you have any questions or need anything. I've updated most of my tutorials and I have a lot of great stuff for shoulders :)
2 days ago
Veena
Yeah, I totally agree Latin. I like when you post dancing here, for me it's not as fun to watch just a few seconds of tricks.
2 days ago
The world is changing, IG chas changed, people are changing, and minds can too.

Veena, when you say teaching is not fun anymore, what do you miss about it at the moment? Is it people don't ask about their training or seeking for advice with a trick here? Is it the thankful comments below your lessons? The interaction about all kind of topics between the people?

So it's just a brainstroming thing, but maybe you would like to think about some ideas to foster more interaction on SV again:

- What about a Veena certification-like system? You put the moves in some kind of levels (like 10 levels) and we can work on the levels, sending the videos and when the "tricks" and technique is correct done on both sides, then it is passed. Maybe do something like a Veena Certification Paper (Oh i would LOVE it!!).
I have seen this certification thing several times and I really like it, because it gives a correct order to work on moves and for people that don't want to be an instructor, but still want to have something for their work :) And to have some kind of personal pole dance trainer on your side is very cool!

-You can tell the SV users what they CAN ask on your website. Perhaps a lot of users don't know that they are allowed to post their videos here and ask directly for tipps. Is that what you are also missing? Perhaps people are too shy or they just don^t know how to ask.

So for the still active poeple here on SV, believe me, we are supporting you. You helped us with so many things and now we can help you too. Just say what you need! 💜
a day ago
xlumintionx Paid Member
I guess I am old I just don't really use IG. The most social media I use is Imgur and I don't think that counts. For interaction, I am definitely just shy. I like to watch other people's videos, they inspire me to get better and try different things. I think I would be way too nervous to post one up of myself. Plus I don't think I'm good enough to inspire or show off a new move to someone.

I post some on the tutorials, but not too sure what to say most of the time. The comments look like they stay forever, so it feels like they have to be super meaningful (0.0') I do appreciate that you are always quick with a response when I do comment. I guess the tutorials are so good that I don't really have any questions on them.

I think I would do a certification type thing. I would send in a video to just Veena. I would be worried that system would be more 'graded and teacher' than a 'community of people'.

I really come to veena for a fun workout. It is really affordable (better than paying $20 a month for a gym) and the workout is great. I am always challenged. When I pass my current challenge I look ahead and there is a new one around the corner. Seriously though, I am just now nailing my inverts and there is a thing called a caterpillar? Looks impossible, but I thought that before I tried my first invert too. I can see my muscles building and I feel sexy afterwards for doing it. I like showing off the new spins I learned to the hubby and even have him try it sometimes.

I'd be happy to interact more, I never really put too much thought into it before. I really do appreciate you Veena. I went from not being able to hold myself off of the ground to doing inverts and different spins with my cat
a day ago
Veena
I'm seeing and appreciate the replies. I need a bit to process everything. Things in my regular life are super crazy right now...
a day ago
Veena
Here's what I wrote on my Reddit profile

It's crazy because my online lessons are still being used by hundreds every month but honestly, it's not rewarding at all when there's no interaction. I have a handful of awesome members who leave comments and say thank you but it's few and far between. They'll probable never know how much the questions and comments mean to me. I truly enjoy teaching and helping, I have no idea what I'll do now. I can't keeping doing this just for the money....

I didn't start Studioveena to make money off of tutorials. I started it because I wanted to create a community for people who love pole dance so they can feel safe, inspired and connected. My husband (webmaster) was the one who said I needed to charge people so the website could be maintained because, well....Streaming video is not cheap!!

Don't worry the tutorials will still be there for whoever finds them useful, I'm not removing them. I just think it's time to retire. Marketing on social media is soul crushing as I'm forced to cover up in order to reach people, I just can't anymore. I miss the freedom of dancing to what I want, wearing what I want, sharing it on SV and watching others do the same. I'm a human and I can't fuel my soul with likes and views. I need to find something that doesn't leave me feeling alone. I'm open to suggestions and have a slight hope that something will come along and I can find the connection I'm looking for.

I also still have some content I've not shared here on reddit so if you would like me to continue to post for now, let me know.

All the pole hugs and kisses, Veena

Yes, I started using reddit because there where no posts here to reply to 🥺
a day ago
Take your time, and maybe think about the certification system I mentioned. It would be super cool to send the videos directly to you and receive direct feedback.
a day ago
LatinPoler Paid Member
Everything is always changing and we need to adapt. I feel you Veena, I’ve been thinking a lot about “the good old times” recently and not only pole related. Things will sort out, we will adapt and evolve. We need to.

Regarding IG, I posted an old floorwork video today wearing leggings and a sports bra and it got shadowbanned 🤯 Maybe it was the heels - not the skin. It was not a “dirty” or especially sexy dance. This video would not have been shadow banned time ago. IG sucks at the moment and clearly is not friendly to pole. Take your time, listen to your heart and eventually you’ll find a way.

Also, in general people are more watchers than contributors, for many reasons from just being shy to being lazy… so I would not take engagement as the main metric of your relevance. Certainly your lesson users is a key metric of your relevance.

As others said, I’ve tried other online pole lessons and I return to yours because you are only one that teaches how it should be, progressively and building a strong foundation.

I’d say that the other online studios are also struggling a little now because of the IG situations. Reach is quite limited now.

You got this. We got this. Be patient 💜💜
14 hours ago

mercury5girl
Thank you, Veena, these exercises are great! This is why I love learning online with you, you take the time to break down all the important details and lay down the foundations so well.
more testimonials