SV Instagram??

LatinPoler Paid Member
I can’t find SV Instagram page anymore!! What happened?
Oct 11, 2021
Veena
I'm no longer using IG
Oct 11, 2021
LatinPoler Paid Member
Totally get it!
Oct 11, 2021
Veena
Looks like it's time to retire. You've been the only person who's cared or noticed, Veena is irrelevant these days.

When you no longer have something to offer it's best to move on before you make a fool of yourself. It's like an eighty year old woman having plastic surgery in hopes of looking 20 again to attract young men.

My lessons are still being used by hundreds every month but honestly it's not rewarding at all when there's no interaction. I didn't start SV to make money off of lessons I started it because I wanted to create a community for people who pole so they can feel safe, inspired and connected.
Oct 20, 2021
PoleAdventures Paid Member
I think there is a reason because not much people noticed or did not asking. For me personally that happened too:
I'm still in IG but don't use it or interact that much with it at the moment. There is too much pressure IG makes on me as a "normal non athletic" pole dancer, with a normal live. IG is full of crazy tricks,monthly challenges and posts like "easy beginner move (a twisted grip aiwalk!!!)". And I fell in this trap.. thinking I can achieve ALL these moves I saved for later, I only have to try these, watching the videos again and again, frustrating, not achieving those "beginner moves". Yes...guess what? I was and I am not ready for the moves. It's that what makes me not using IG that often and I am proud of that I'm finally realized what happened to me.

So to be honest: after about 2 years of pole dance platform hopping, other courses using, IG checking, moves for later saving, unstructured training, this was enough for my frustration and luckily I understand....finally. The only thing I did constantly in this time is this: Whenever I saw a move, I checked if Veena has a tutorial or prep work for it. I broke down the steps to a move and everytime I checked it here. This would have worked, but the fact I was trying moves I'm not ready for makes not happen.

So for me it is time to be absolute honest to myself (and maybe a lot of polers here could thinking of it as well), the only safe and biggest progress in pole dancing I made was the time I was active on SV.

Veena, you have not been forgotten, it's just us not ready seeing the truth about IG and what it does to us. But I think a lot of polers will soon or later begin thinking about it and change. When minds shift, they come back.

Thank you for all the tutorials, your teaching and to be honest about your feelings. I am a proud member of SV and I really appreciate you and your content!!

HUGS and LOVE 💜💜💜
Oct 20, 2021
Veena
I appreciate your response! Sadly I don't see people coming back to use the website for more than just tutorials. I wish I knew what to do. I love teaching so much, but it's not fun anymore. Without interaction it's just me making tutorials and marketing so it's all about money and I miss the people...
Oct 20, 2021
remiaou Paid Member
For whatever it's worth, I actually just decided to check back here after having to take a long break from pole (shoulder surgeries), and I was really glad to see this website is still here! I'm also in kind of a weird place regarding whether or not I want to return to my in-person studio, for various reasons, so I was really happy to see that this platform still exists. It's always been encouraging and supportive at all levels, whereas Instagram is just a constant feeling of being left behind if I can't do all the new fancy tricks that are trending. Of course, I understand that things change and I'm just one person, but I also really appreciate you and this online space!
Oct 20, 2021
LatinPoler Paid Member
IG is not as it used to be… as others said, it’s all about impressing or selling something. Not about the community or encouragement. Even worse, now it’s a competition for the most FX with Reels/TikToks. I don’t enjoy it as I used to. So I totally support your decision.
Oct 20, 2021
LatinPoler Paid Member
And it’s been pain with the shadowbanning and the music copyrights. I personally think that IG for pole had its golden moment a few years ago (3-4) but now it’s mainly a source of frustration.
Oct 20, 2021
Veena
Nice to see you back Remin, please let me know if you have any questions or need anything. I've updated most of my tutorials and I have a lot of great stuff for shoulders :)
Oct 20, 2021
Veena
Yeah, I totally agree Latin. I like when you post dancing here, for me it's not as fun to watch just a few seconds of tricks.
Oct 20, 2021
The world is changing, IG chas changed, people are changing, and minds can too.

Veena, when you say teaching is not fun anymore, what do you miss about it at the moment? Is it people don't ask about their training or seeking for advice with a trick here? Is it the thankful comments below your lessons? The interaction about all kind of topics between the people?

So it's just a brainstroming thing, but maybe you would like to think about some ideas to foster more interaction on SV again:

- What about a Veena certification-like system? You put the moves in some kind of levels (like 10 levels) and we can work on the levels, sending the videos and when the "tricks" and technique is correct done on both sides, then it is passed. Maybe do something like a Veena Certification Paper (Oh i would LOVE it!!).
I have seen this certification thing several times and I really like it, because it gives a correct order to work on moves and for people that don't want to be an instructor, but still want to have something for their work :) And to have some kind of personal pole dance trainer on your side is very cool!

-You can tell the SV users what they CAN ask on your website. Perhaps a lot of users don't know that they are allowed to post their videos here and ask directly for tipps. Is that what you are also missing? Perhaps people are too shy or they just don^t know how to ask.

So for the still active poeple here on SV, believe me, we are supporting you. You helped us with so many things and now we can help you too. Just say what you need! 💜
Oct 21, 2021
xlumintionx Paid Member
I guess I am old I just don't really use IG. The most social media I use is Imgur and I don't think that counts. For interaction, I am definitely just shy. I like to watch other people's videos, they inspire me to get better and try different things. I think I would be way too nervous to post one up of myself. Plus I don't think I'm good enough to inspire or show off a new move to someone.

I post some on the tutorials, but not too sure what to say most of the time. The comments look like they stay forever, so it feels like they have to be super meaningful (0.0') I do appreciate that you are always quick with a response when I do comment. I guess the tutorials are so good that I don't really have any questions on them.

I think I would do a certification type thing. I would send in a video to just Veena. I would be worried that system would be more 'graded and teacher' than a 'community of people'.

I really come to veena for a fun workout. It is really affordable (better than paying $20 a month for a gym) and the workout is great. I am always challenged. When I pass my current challenge I look ahead and there is a new one around the corner. Seriously though, I am just now nailing my inverts and there is a thing called a caterpillar? Looks impossible, but I thought that before I tried my first invert too. I can see my muscles building and I feel sexy afterwards for doing it. I like showing off the new spins I learned to the hubby and even have him try it sometimes.

I'd be happy to interact more, I never really put too much thought into it before. I really do appreciate you Veena. I went from not being able to hold myself off of the ground to doing inverts and different spins with my cat
Oct 21, 2021
Veena
I'm seeing and appreciate the replies. I need a bit to process everything. Things in my regular life are super crazy right now...
Oct 21, 2021
Veena
Here's what I wrote on my Reddit profile

It's crazy because my online lessons are still being used by hundreds every month but honestly, it's not rewarding at all when there's no interaction. I have a handful of awesome members who leave comments and say thank you but it's few and far between. They'll probable never know how much the questions and comments mean to me. I truly enjoy teaching and helping, I have no idea what I'll do now. I can't keeping doing this just for the money....

I didn't start Studioveena to make money off of tutorials. I started it because I wanted to create a community for people who love pole dance so they can feel safe, inspired and connected. My husband (webmaster) was the one who said I needed to charge people so the website could be maintained because, well....Streaming video is not cheap!!

Don't worry the tutorials will still be there for whoever finds them useful, I'm not removing them. I just think it's time to retire. Marketing on social media is soul crushing as I'm forced to cover up in order to reach people, I just can't anymore. I miss the freedom of dancing to what I want, wearing what I want, sharing it on SV and watching others do the same. I'm a human and I can't fuel my soul with likes and views. I need to find something that doesn't leave me feeling alone. I'm open to suggestions and have a slight hope that something will come along and I can find the connection I'm looking for.

I also still have some content I've not shared here on reddit so if you would like me to continue to post for now, let me know.

All the pole hugs and kisses, Veena

Yes, I started using reddit because there where no posts here to reply to 🥺
Oct 21, 2021
Take your time, and maybe think about the certification system I mentioned. It would be super cool to send the videos directly to you and receive direct feedback.
Oct 21, 2021
LatinPoler Paid Member
Everything is always changing and we need to adapt. I feel you Veena, I’ve been thinking a lot about “the good old times” recently and not only pole related. Things will sort out, we will adapt and evolve. We need to.

Regarding IG, I posted an old floorwork video today wearing leggings and a sports bra and it got shadowbanned 🤯 Maybe it was the heels - not the skin. It was not a “dirty” or especially sexy dance. This video would not have been shadow banned time ago. IG sucks at the moment and clearly is not friendly to pole. Take your time, listen to your heart and eventually you’ll find a way.

Also, in general people are more watchers than contributors, for many reasons from just being shy to being lazy… so I would not take engagement as the main metric of your relevance. Certainly your lesson users is a key metric of your relevance.

As others said, I’ve tried other online pole lessons and I return to yours because you are only one that teaches how it should be, progressively and building a strong foundation.

I’d say that the other online studios are also struggling a little now because of the IG situations. Reach is quite limited now.

You got this. We got this. Be patient 💜💜
Oct 22, 2021
Susanmt15872 Paid Member
I’m not on IG. Too busy and it’s just not my thing. I really appreciate you and your hard work on this website contents. I just want you to know that I appreciate you. Sometimes a step back to go inside to seek what nurtures your soul is needed. It’s a nudge to grow. ❤️
Oct 23, 2021
StrangeFox Paid Member
This was heartbreaking to read!! Veena, I'm so sorry you are going through this. To be honest, there are A LOT of things I would love help on but I was worried if I posted on here I would be taking advantage or that I'd be a nuisance. SV has helped me learn so many things, and I would not be where I am today without it. In fact, I probably would not even still be poling! I tell everyone I can about SV.

I did used to post on SV but I noticed the engagement dwindling and I didn't want to be the only person continually posting for fear of being seen as obnoxious (yes, I have social anxiety, how could you tell?!) I also was finding uploading and keeping track of videos and photos kind of persnickety, and I started to get concerned about privacy.

I would love to get rid of IG - it's such a time suck! For me it's an easy method of keeping track of my progress and keeping in touch with the pole community, but with all the shadowbans engagement is pretty much nil anyway. I also like the security of knowing random weirdos won't come on IG and find me doing spreadies if I keep my profile private - lol!

I think the appeal of IG is its simplicity/UI. It's an app on your phone that is always signed in and just a click away. It's super simple to upload a video from your phone in just a couple of clicks and be on your way. Plus everyone is already on there so it has kind of become a default.

To be honest, I think a site upgrade would go a long way in re-generating interest, particularly with a focus on making the mobile version of the site more user friendly. I'm not sure how feasible that would be, but I do think it would help. Improvements to video/photo cataloging, forums, and overall navigation would help a lot.

I also know it's difficult to pour oodles of time and resources into something that you're already at the end of your tether with, and when there is no guarantee things will turn around... so this is definitely easier said than done!

I know a lot of polers who want to get off of IG but like me, they use it to track their progress and can't find anything better. I really hope things turn around!
Oct 24, 2021
Fever Paid Member
Veena, you are amazing! I am an OGer--think I joined the site in 2010 or 2011 and have been here off and on since then through a baby, a PhD, and a horrendous adductor injury that has taken four years to heal from.

Like others here, I usually lurk these days, but I have been wanting to post videos again and have been on the point of posting about 20 times without doing it. The problem for me is that I have the Instagram app on my phone, and it's so easy to post to, which is how they get me. I'm still not quite sure how to post here on mobile. Secondly, the people on IG are often people in my IRL social life, which sort of guarantees an audience and is a way to show folks I'm still alive, if you know what I mean.

I hate the shadow banning and the time limits on IG and especially the music restrictions. There is no real connection. The only reason I'm still on there is because of the ease of posting and the ease of finding quick inspiration for Russian-style stuff, which I'm pretty into.

If I'd known you felt this way, I would definitely have started interacting again sooner! This site and you mean a lot to me. I actually met a friend in my area because we were both on StudioVeena, and now we're close friends who hang out regularly. I do understand the whole feeling like it's time to retire thing. Sometimes I have that thought as well, when I see the ridiculous things they're doing on pole these days that I will never even attempt. But then I remember that even if I'm not an 18-year old gymnast, what I do on the pole as a wife, mother, and full-time job-haver is still pretty effing impressive!

What I'm trying to say is that I understand if you go, but for all the pole dinosaurs like me out there, I really hope you don't! I'm going to start posting again and do my part to support you and the site, no matter what happens.
Oct 24, 2021
Fever Paid Member
One more note that my husband reminded me of as I told him about this: When I had a C-section in 2015, I was despondent because I had lost all my strength. I almost quit. I came back here and started over, and I can't even describe how much the 30-day takeoff boosted my mood and abilities. You are the best out there, Veena, and I've tried all the hot new tutorial websites in my time. So, thank you, whatever your next move is!
Oct 24, 2021
xlumintionx Paid Member
Yes I agree with a lot of these comments. Veena I hope you feel the love, because we definitely love you and owe so much to you.

I think I agree with the site update. It could really bring in some people. Plus when you redo it you can change things to make it more easier/encouraging to post. I'm a programmer and have been thinking this for awhile actually. Here are some of my thoughts:

- Make it super easy on mobile users. It was a hassle to upload video from my phone to my email to try and post it here for you. Once I did I realized it wouldn't even take video in the reply thread and had to cut it down to a picture to upload.

- Maybe in these 30-day programs once a week during a rest day have the 'comments' section say - 'Upload a video of your progress for the week'. It would encourage everyone to post videos. It might be hard for the
first few to do it, but I am sure others would follow. Then you'd get people going through the program together / interacting together / growing together, which would be really fun. I imagine lots of positive comments on there. AND users have videos they can go back to see their progress. I would go back and watch one of mine from the 30 day take off and be floored by my changes. If they don't want to do videos, they could just upload their set numbers. You would still find people in the program with you to talk to and encourage each other. Also, maybe then the people who feel a little 'newer' to this wouldn't feel as beginner. I'm not advanced, so I would never post a routine video in the discussion thread. But I would post a video at the end of the 30 day take off with people my skill level.

- If you wanted, you could add in the certifications like Pole-Adventures mentioned. Or maybe trophy like items like Imgur does. (Commented 100 times / Completed the 30-day Take off / Member since 2017 ). I guess my other thought here is to make it more like a social media page. I could tag Pole-Adventures for the certification idea and StrangeFox for the website idea. We could view other's accounts and sort of get to know them.

- Instead of testimonials on every page, do a discussion thread box? I get we need the testimonials when new people are checking out the site, but I have been here for years and I know how amazing you are. Instead of that, it could be a recent discussion topic. People would look at it and be intrigued, maybe go check it out. In general, it would just raise awareness. I feel like the discussion side is so separated from the tutorials, that unless I go look at it I would never know. In fact, the only reason I saw this thread was because I was switching back and forth between the schoolgirl routine and invert practice. I had to pause on the home page to think about what I was doing and this caught my eye.
( Example: Discussion: SV Instagram??
I can’t find SV Instagram page anymore!! What happened?
View thread | Reply | More discussions )

StrangeFox, I have social anxiety new so I really understand where you are coming from. Plus, I might want a mask or something to wear to post a video. I'm not really worried about showing myself; I show videos to my family all the time so they can see my progress. I do feel like I can't control them if they were posted here though. I'm nervous about the job aspect of it. I'm not sure I would want co-workers to see me spread out upside down on a pole. At the very least, I will need some boy shorts/sports bra and not my lacy thong/see-through bra that I usually practice in.
Oct 24, 2021
StrangeFox Paid Member
Yes to all of this xluminationx! I hear you on the job stuff. I am now more customer facing than I was before and I don't necessarily want all my spreadies available on an unsecured website where my clients can potentially find them. I'm not ashamed of what I do I just like to separate work from personal. So security to have images/videos only visible to members of SV, or only visible to people in a "friends list", or even to keep certain vids/images completely private would be fantastic. I also love the idea of having badges and checkpoints in the 30 day programs so they can be more interactive!

I have told many friends about SV. All of them were interested and checked it out, but later on when I asked whether they'd joined they would all give me the same feedback: "The content on the site is great, but I got frustrated trying to navigate it and gave up before the end of my free trial."
Oct 24, 2021
Just a thought on recent comments:

I don't think the aim of SV should be the same as intagram. On insta I post the more "smooth" moves, like you all do, to track my progress, what moves I acheived.

Studio Veena on the other hand, for me this is more of a communication and seeking help platform. Cleary I could have posted more like on insta, the achievements we get, to show Veena and let her be part of that. But for me SV is mostly to get help, if I struffle somewhere or to ask for training tips, nutrition and all kind of topics related to pole dance and the life next to it.

So, don't get me wrong, but I don't think the website should be re-created. It is good as it is and fully serves the purpose for which it was made.
Oct 25, 2021
xlumintionx Paid Member
I don't want SV to be like Instagram. I don't even use instagram. However, there could be a section on the page that does feel like that. Where users just post short clips of themselves and you can scroll and watch them all ( Home | Gallery | Lessons | Videos | Discussions ). I feel like you could still ask those questions in the discussions.

I don't want to change the content of what veena has at all, it is perfect. I was simply giving some reformatting ideas that I think might generate some more discussion from those who currently don't. It might make things easier on the user to post and drive more interactions. I think the solution (if there even needs to be one) depends on what Veena wants. My ideas may not be the type of interactions that Veena wants, but I figured it doesn't hurt to offer them.

Also, another idea - have videos shareable on Facebook / IG / Whatever. Of course only the ones you WANT to share and even users could decide if they wanted to share their videos. It could automatically put your stamp in the video and would help with marketing.
Oct 25, 2021
ajinwonderland Paid Member
Veena, I just wanted to say I support whatever you decide to do, and I really really appreciate you. This has made me realize how much I took for granted that it didn’t matter whether I interact, instead of giving back to you and this community I’ve benefited so much from. It’s good to know how much the engagement means to you and it makes so much sense.

I guess either I’ve been too lazy to make and upload videos or, like xlumintionx said, I find your tutorials so helpful that I don’t have questions. I’m always more of a lurker than a contributor, online and IRL lol. And I relate to what StrangeFox is saying that it feels like a nuisance or taking advantage to post a lot, but now I get that it’s actually a way to support you and show others that this is an engaged community. I love seeing other people’s comments tbf so I’m definitely going to be more mindful about adding my own.

I’m not on social media and I totally understand your feelings about it. But I agree with PoleAdventures, the purpose social media serves is not the purpose you serve here, and that’s great. IG doesn’t have the structure and real connection that you have here. That’s exactly why SV is one of my favorite spaces online and I’m so grateful to be a member. I never thought I could learn pole online and you made it possible.

I hope things change for the better, maybe as more people realize the importance of community in a space that’s kinder to pole than social media. Sounds like I’m not the only one here who plans to interact more, so maybe our combined effort will help attract more people to SV, and I think we can all agree we want more people to know about you!
Oct 25, 2021
Veena
I'm going to share a link with you guys, but first I want to give you all a look at what SV use to offer. All of these things were active when everyone left for IG and FB groups

Chatroom (we would meet every Friday night), private one on one messages, friending, the ability to upload to just friends or everyone, blogs, and we even had a space for small pole business's to advertise, we also sold poles. At one point I had my own branded pole and people loved it. We implemented the ability to upload and share to FB and anywhere else if you so choose. This function is still available. As people left we removed most of these features as they were an expense we didn't want to have if no one was using anything but the lessons. The website has always been free to join but only members can see videos. The only thing that a non member can see is discussions. For years you've been able to use one tap on your phone to log in! [www.studioveena.com]

Anyway, back to what we had, sadly it's not simple to reimplement these. Some of the tech that was used no longer exists like chatrooms (probably thanks to IG and FB groups)

We are not a big company, it's only ever been myself and my husband. The site was custom built by him (webmaster) and he's at a point in his life where he can't spend time redoing Studioveena "just incase" people will use it. This is why nothing has been changed. We're both fully aware that the site needs updating but his time is worth so much I can't ask him to change things. I know of several recent pole community attempts and none of them have worked.

My husband is very busy working and in his spare time he and one other person have been developing something we hope will help a lot of people who struggle to have a place to reach and teach. Here's the link. [www.guruzoom.com] Take a look around the website so you can learn more about our vision. I will be the first to day it's not a community, but rather it's an app for anyone who wants to teach or interact with their fans without algorithms or interference. Those who want to support creators can and fans will never miss their posts! To compare Guruzoom to Studioveena it's as if each creator will feel as though they have their own private app for their fans.

I feel Guruzoom could be a huge help and if I ask my husband to work on a new community for Studioveena, Guruzoom would have to be put off even longer.

So let me ask everyone, which would you rather see? A new pole community or an app that allows you to support your favorite creators and also provides the ability to create for your fans?
Oct 25, 2021
Veena
Ok I'm back! I wanted to reply to reply to everyone individually, but the day was crazy. You'll hear from me tomorrow 💜
Oct 26, 2021
Veena
PoleAdventures - Teaching was fun when I'd hear from others. A like a thanks or I'm excited to try this. Even answering questions. I have tons of people using the lessons and its rare to have any kind of interaction. It's just how people are now. As I mentioned tho, I have a handful of members who do this on the regular but it's not at all like it was. I hate that I have to use IG and Tiktok just to have some interaction.

The certification system is something we talked about right before IG became a thing. We talked about intergrading it into the website. It's not possible to do that now as he's too busy to change anything here so the concepts is simple but I don't know how I would implement it. If you have an example to could look at that would help.

In all of my new programs and in my weekend newsletter I ask people to tell me how it goes or to leave questions. I let everyone new I interact with that I'm available. I say it all the time in my videos for the new programs too.

I have no doubt that those who have responded would help keep things going. The issue is we need more than 6 people to keep things going. You can see 309 ppl have seen this post and only 6 have replied.

Oct 26, 2021
Veena
Xlumintionx - That is why I dislike what social media has done to us. If you look at OLD videos here you'll see all kinds of levels uploading. SV was never about showing off your best, it was about sharing. People even talked about what was happening in their life.

The fact that everyone now thinks of everything as IG, Tiktok or FB they shy away from sharing anything here. It use to be about the journey, asking for help or just sharing because you were proud. I never allow insults or rude comments and have zero hesitation on removing those who cause trouble.

Latinpoler - Yes, I'm so tired of creating something for social media only to have it pulled or blocked. Pole dance is dying. The funny thing is years ago I invited some big names to come post here and interact, even advertise classes etc. but they wont. The pole community is not supportive of SV, even though we were the first. Most, not all, but most pole professionals want nothing to do with anything studioveena is part of. There's been crazy rumors and talk since I started SV. Just think if all the pole ppl would come use one place it'd be great! Even with the few pros that support SV I don't ever see them using anything like the website.

Susanmt - I thank you so much for your reply!!

Oct 26, 2021
Veena
Strangefox - Studioveena is private, you have to sign up to see anything other than the discussions. If I could program and create a website I would put time into it, however, I know nothing! It's all my husband and he's way too busy to help me. I don't post my vids here (when I dance I film every freestyle) because I didn't want to dominate the uploads.

Fever - To post here just click the video camera button or go to the videos tab and select upload video. You can access SV just as quickly as IG just follow these instructions [www.studioveena.com] T

I love hearing that I was able to help!!!!! I don't think people realize that I don't know if something is hated, helpful or dumb unless I'm told. lol I'm in the dark. These days I mostly hear from people who have a problem or think I don't have enough free content. It starts to feel like you're doing it just for the money.

Xlumintionx - To reply to your second post I love the ideas and as mentioned we are 100% aware the website is very outdated, however, My husband doesn't have time and I'm not tech savvy at all. He's maked it super easy for me to use the site (on the back end) We've looked at moving to a premade social site but it's very expensive and the app options are REALLY expensive. SV is not like other social media where someone just gonna wonder in and start looking for you. I see who signs up everyday. Only those who sign up can see anything but the discussions. All the videos are shareable to FB and anywhere, you just have to enable it. It's right below the video.
Oct 26, 2021
Veena
Last reply!!

Seeing that over 300 ppl have seen this thread and only about what, 7 have said anything. I'm not getting a sense that a revamp of SV as a community could be successful :(

I'm going to repost what I wrote yesterday so you can give your feedback on it.

"I'm going to share a link with you guys, but first I want to give you all a look at what SV use to offer. All of these things were active when everyone left for IG and FB groups

Chatroom (we would meet every Friday night), private one on one messages, friending, the ability to upload to just friends or everyone, blogs, and we even had a space for small pole business's to advertise, we also sold poles. At one point I had my own branded pole and people loved it. We implemented the ability to upload and share to FB and anywhere else if you so choose. This function is still available. As people left we removed most of these features as they were an expense we didn't want to have if no one was using anything but the lessons. The website has always been free to join but only members can see videos. The only thing that a non member can see is discussions. For years you've been able to use one tap on your phone to log in! [www.studioveena.com]

Anyway, back to what we had, sadly it's not simple to reimplement these. Some of the tech that was used no longer exists like chatrooms (probably thanks to IG and FB groups)

We are not a big company, it's only ever been myself and my husband. The site was custom built by him (webmaster) and he's at a point in his life where he can't spend time redoing Studioveena "just incase" people will use it. This is why nothing has been changed. We're both fully aware that the site needs updating but his time is worth so much I can't ask him to change things. I know of several recent pole community attempts and none of them have worked.

My husband is very busy working and in his spare time he and one other person have been developing something we hope will help a lot of people who struggle to have a place to reach and teach. Here's the link. [www.guruzoom.com] Take a look around the website so you can learn more about our vision. I will be the first to day it's not a community, but rather it's an app for anyone who wants to teach or interact with their fans without algorithms or interference. Those who want to support creators can and fans will never miss their posts! To compare Guruzoom to Studioveena it's as if each creator will feel as though they have their own private app for their fans.

I feel Guruzoom could be a huge help and if I ask my husband to work on a new community for Studioveena, Guruzoom would have to be put off even longer.

So let me ask everyone, which would you rather see? A new pole community or an app that allows you to support your favorite creators and also provides the ability to create for your fans?"
Oct 26, 2021
LatinPoler Paid Member
About views and real interaction, I think it happens on any Social Media platform too. I’ve found that sometimes my posts get more saves than likes! How can that be? Why are people saving a post if they do not like it? Maybe because saving is anonymous? People like to stay incognito, especially regarding topics that can still have some stigma or that they prefer to separate from other areas of their life for whatever reason. The good side of IG is that with only one platform, they can cover everything, pole and other interests. To be honest, I don’t think than any other pole community platform can oust IG at the moment. As you said, others tried and failed. Especially if that platform is linked to a brand – whatever brand. I don’t know why people would dislike SV when it’s the only site that provides quality and structured learning. Maybe you are just too good.

Regarding Guruzoom, wouldn’t that be similar to some extent to Patreon?

I think that anybody can sign up for free at SV and see the videos in the forum, you just need to pay for the lessons. Thus, virtually anybody can see the videos. And I understand that some people feel safer with a private IG account where they can control who they give access to.

SV may be private, but for some reason I cannot log in from my work laptop because we have a software that bans access to “adult” sites, gambling sites, etc. And SV is tagged as adult site. Don’t ask me why, although of course, you’ll see pole and sexy videos occasionally. Other pole lessons sites are not tagged and I can access. On those other sites, you don’t have the video upload option, you can just log in and see the lessons if you pay for them.

I’ve been uploading videos from my iphone/ipad since the beginning and it works just fine, you just need to know how to do it and maybe the trick to create the direct access from the home screen. It’s really simple but people are used to apps and this is slightly different.

I also hear you with the video posting. I’m not dancing now and therefore I don’t have anything new to offer, but when I was dancing and uploading videos I also had that feeling that I was taking over the forum. And rarely a video got a few likes, even plays… so in the end, you pretty much give up.

Good luck Veena, you deserve it. I’m looking forward to trying all the new stuff and programs that you have created but unfortunately I’m still recovering from the ankle injury. Maybe in 2022.
Oct 26, 2021
Veena
Ugh that sucks that you're injured!

Yup, Guruzoom is like Patreon, however, it's going to be FAR easier to get started as a creator and follow as a fan. Patreon has been known to remove accounts for what they see as adult this has included pole in the past. GZ is all about ease of use and giving creators the ability to get started in minutes and freedom of content!

Oct 26, 2021
StrangeFox Paid Member
LatinPoler - I hope you get better soon!!!

As weird as this seems, I feel like people are just too lazy to press "like" after they've pressed save. People are probably scrolling through their IG mindlessly while they wait in line at the grocery store or wait for dinner to cook, and they see something they like so they press "save" with their thumb and just keep scrolling - haha!

The thing I've grown to hate about IG is that so much of it is just based around mindless consumption. I really hate how it pollutes my feed with paid content and garbage from people I don't follow while I rarely ever see posts from friends. It has all become so commercial and so depressing. It's the inflammatory and depressing content I see the most, too. I'm so close to just throwing up my hands and creating my own private, local website or program or something where I can track my progress on my own without having to put it online... without having to deal with social media, or rely on validation from others.

Veena - that's so sad that there are so many views but so few responses. And I'm really sorry so many pros have stuck up their nose at you.

I totally get that this is a small operation and you don't have a team of web devs here constantly working on the site. That stuff can get expensive and time consuming! I wouldn't want to pay into it on the off chance it would boost interaction, either.

I am not sure if I would use GuruZoom or not. I'd have to think about that. I tried Patreon and I really didn't like it at all. The Patreon I signed up for had excellent content but it was hell to use. I like the idea that GZ is about ease of use so I might try it one day.

At this point in my pole journey, I'm getting more and more hands-off and less involved in the community because I'm finding that sadly the community (although lovely) is kind of burning me out. I want to focus on my pole journey without distraction, and I'm currently playing around with the idea of being a mostly home poler with occasional private lessons when I need a spot or open pole when I need a tall pole. I'm finding being too involved with studio communities is getting a bit messy for me and is actually detrimental to my mental health at times. Not to mention, in person studios have become twice as expensive thanks to the pandemic, and I have become twice as poor... lol!

I love that some studios are offering online lessons. I actually prefer online classes to going in person and I find I get the exact same level of instruction and attention. After going in person I am just so mentally exhausted/socially burned out. After online classes I feel so much more refreshed!
Oct 27, 2021
Veena
ugh, guys I wish we still had a chatroom. That was such a blast. I'd even just hangout and cook dinner while everyone talked among themselves. Then we could discuss this more easily too.

Yes, studies show that people only take one action on social media very few will like, save, share and comment.

Yes, I've tried Patreon and it was awful to get started.

I left the "community" about 5 yrs ago and have been doing my own thing since. Sometimes I get asked to do stuff like PoleCon but this year it didn't work out. Way too much going on personally.

Latinpoler yes, it's not private here, but my point was someone wouldn't just happen to see videos like Social. They'd need to first find the website, then the person. We use to have a private option for videos so only friends could see.

If anyone wants to research chatroom plugins I'd be open to showing it to Webmaster. Last we checked there were none available. I would love to host live class now and then and even have others as well. I tried using IG but my feed gets shut down if I have music playing.
Oct 27, 2021
Just a quick note on IG and the tons of advertising we see all the time. I deleted the "new" app and downloaded an older version from June. The old version of insta doesn't have many of the advertising features yet, so you get less advertising (especially the newest annoying feature, which constantly suggests similar content that you might like.)
I haven't been doing appstore updates for IG since then :)
Oct 27, 2021
Fever Paid Member
Veena, I found some free chat widgets: [www.google.com]

Charango looks kind of promising, but I don't have a lot of knowledge about what works well on a website. Have you ever considered making a StudioVeena Discord? Again, not sure what the outlay or difficulty is on that, but it's something I see a lot of subreddits do. I'd definitely be down for a group lesson/hangout!
Oct 27, 2021
xlumintionx Paid Member
It is so sad to me that 300 people have seen it, read all these heart-filled messages, and haven't said anything. I understand not wanting to update the website. Why put in more time and money when people obviously don't show that they care. I have never looked into Patreon so it sounds like I will have to do a bit of research into both.

I don't understand why they would 'shun' you, you really do so much. I don't know what the entire community is like, I have only stepped foot into 1 studio. It was in Vegas on a groupon. They mostly taught us twerking, but we did a few light spins. The next day my arm/shoulder/entire body was SORE. That was when I knew I had a full-body workout and didn't even realize it because it was fun. When I got back home I looked into it online, found Veena and bought a cheap pole. lol So Veena you have turned my world upside down (Get it... the inverts >.
Oct 27, 2021
Veena
- PoleAdventrues Yes the ads can get frustrating. I dislike using IG because they're part of FB so for me it's more of taking a stand against the control FB has in our society. I left FB almost a yr ago now and don't miss it.

- Fever thank you! I'll share this with Webmaster. :) I hadn't thought about Discord! I had though about starting a reddit group but honestly reddit is harder to use than SV. I can't ever reply by from my phone so I have to hunt for the comment or use my computer. I might look into Discord later this week.

- xlumintionx Most pole pros are not supportive it's actually always been very catty. The idea that pole dancers are a friendly community actually came from SV!!!!!! If you're ever in Vegas let me know, I love meeting members and do also offer private lessons when people ask.

Oct 27, 2021
Veena
My IG is temporarily up again as I'm pulling some videos and ideas from there.
Oct 28, 2021
Veena
2 updates:

1. I'll be posting to my IG today to test if I get sign ups to the website. As of right now it seems not using IG doesn't change the sign up number.

2. Who's in favor of me starting a Discord server for pole?
Oct 28, 2021
Fever Paid Member
Me!
Oct 28, 2021
xlumintionx Paid Member
That seems alot easier than working in a chat feature in here! Sounds cool
Oct 28, 2021
Veena
Any ideas for a name? I don't want to use Studioveena I want it to be a space for anyone who loves pole so no brand.
Oct 28, 2021
Gem the Poledancer Paid Member
Veena I imagine I’m not the only one, I have so much to say and I don’t know how to say it, but given your worries I felt I had to really quickly just post some sort of reassurance!!

I am a new mama and time is tight (yeah, you know for sure!!) Gosh honestly I don’t know where to begin…but your tutorials are THE BEST!!! I was first recommended SV by Roz the diva when I took her class in NYC about 10 years ago! I joined but couldn’t afford to subscribe, even though I really loved the vibe from the get go! I am now teaching pole in Berlin, Germany (I’m originally from the U.K.) and I recently subscribed for the first time to help with my teaching because I really think that your tutorials are, in my 10 years experience, and as a teacher, UNBEATABLE!!!!!! I have recommended your site to loads of students and friends along the way too😍

I totally understand everything you’re saying and I really feel for you. I’m sorry it took seeing this to make me post finally- crazy huh?! Even though I teach, I’m still a shy gal, and I’m sure there are many more who feel as I do. I really want to be a part of such a wonderful online pole community, and I will think more about how I can better contribute. But for now, please know that you are loved and held in super high esteem, and there are a lot of us who are time short, shy, or just tongue tied and don’t know what to say or how to say it!!

I do have so much more that I want to share but here are the most important and urgent things that have to be said!!!

With love and admiration,

Gem xoxo
Oct 28, 2021
Veena
Wow, thank you. I don't have words right now....Reading this brought tears to my eyes.

This has been a emotional week! 💜💜💜
Oct 28, 2021
Awww… that’s so sweet!!! I don’t know what to say either…!! But I’m so pleased that I could share this with you and help to encourage you just a tiny bit as much as you have encouraged us!! Veena this is just the beginning… we’re all with you!!! Thanks so much for being our lighthouse. A favourite quote from my poler friend Erika… “Lighthouses don’t need to see ships to make them shine their guiding light!” 🥰😜😘
Oct 28, 2021
xlumintionx Paid Member
That is an amazing quote, saving it.
Veena 100% agree, I really do hold you in high-esteem as well. Without you I would not be doing any pole workouts. Also, you saved me through this whole covid pandemic and being stuck at home. I think that is why I had to reach out and chat on here when I saw how you were feeling. You're the lighthouse for everyone here. You mean alot to everyone
Oct 28, 2021
Interrested in discord channel too!
I think it would be nice if your name was included in the discord channel.
Name ideas:

- Veeners Club
- Pole Addicted
- Veena & Pole Friends
- Veena's Polehouse

ugh..this is diffucult searching for names :)
Oct 28, 2021
Fever Paid Member
Pole Pals?

Pole Dancers United?
Oct 28, 2021
xlumintionx Paid Member
I like the pole addicted. lol, it is the truth
Oct 29, 2021
ajinwonderland Paid Member
+1! I’m definitely down to join a Discord and I love these name ideas. I agree it would be cool to have Veena in the name without necessarily branding it. Something like Veena and Pole Friends is great, gives it the friendly community vibe you’re going for.
Oct 29, 2021
Veena
I will be asking my kids to help me set up a Discord this weekend. I can't say how soon it will be ready, as I'm in the middle of selling and buying a new house and if all goes as planned I'll need to pack and plan over the next 2 weeks :)

I'll have high ceilings again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At our current home I can't really hula hoop unless I use my small ones or use my lollipop lyra as the ceiling are too low and backyard is too small. Fingers crossed everything goes according to plan!
Oct 29, 2021
No need to hurry Veena. Wish you all good luck with the selling and moving, please post pictures of your new house! 💜
Oct 29, 2021
Veena
I will! Thank you!
Oct 29, 2021
Pretty Pixie
I’ve always loved SV and I’ll always recommend SV. This place made me who I am today and I will always have respect for this place. But, I’m shy, and I agree with a lot of things that Strangefox said above. Sometimes I’ll post my videos and then freak out and stop posting for months! My anxiety about interacting comes and goes. I record most of my practices, but I save them to my computer nowadays and I rarely get to a point where I’m trying brand new tricks, usually I’m sticking to my classic go-tos (I learned here) so I don’t need help. And then I also don’t really feel like I’m qualified to be telling anyone how to do something. Basically I tend to lurk if and when I do use social media, which honestly isn’t often as of late. I have spoken with my friends about spending more time here and I think I’d like that, when I’m in my “comfortable” phase, at least. Reading this thread has made me realize some things and I want to support this site in any way I can because I think this place is an indispensable resource for home polers! Well, even studio polers because sometimes you need a little extra time and tips which these lessons and the interaction here can offer! Plus, for people who like to post videos you can post with no restrictions on time or music! I actually don’t understand why people don’t use this wonderful resource if they like IG, FB, or Tiktok… it’s way nicer here for us polers!
Oct 31, 2021
Veena
Thank you for the reply Pretty Pixie. I really do want this to be a safe place for anyone to share.

I have suffered from anxiety and depression my whole life. I know how lonely it can feel. It's hard for me to write back sometimes (especially on the phone) as I also deal with dyslexia too. I tend to make videos to express myself, answer questions or share links to tutorials so I don't have to write out how to do something. That always takes me much longer than it should! I spend a lot of time rewriting and spell checking because I know I reverse things and mix things up. lol

When I share links the anxious part of me worries that people think I'm just trying to get them to buy tutorials but it's really just the fastest and easiest way for me to help someone.
Oct 31, 2021
Veena
working on the Discord server, I'm so not good with tech so be patient. I've only used it to track new sign ups and chat with my husband while he's working. lol
Nov 4, 2021
Veena
Ok it's ready! I think? lol Here's the invite link [discord.gg]

Let me know if you have suggestions for channels you'd like to see!

Also I'll be looking for an admin in the future if people start joining and moderator(S) too!

I'd love to come up with a creative way to let everyone on Instagram know about it as well. So I'm open to ideas. We'll need more than just myself talking about it.
Nov 4, 2021
Good work so far Veena, thank you very much for the channel.

I would also love a "pet" channel 😅🐈🐕 to post pictures and videos of our beloved house members :)
Nov 5, 2021
xlumintionx Paid Member
Oh me too! I was thinking the same thing. Was gonna post it in the fun channel maybe
Nov 5, 2021
Oh and maybe a pole-memes channel? Or is this meant to be the funny channel? or fails? :)
Nov 5, 2021
Veena
I'm so glad you mentioned the pet channel. I had one then thought it might only be fun to me! Totally gonna add that. I'll add a pole fail channel. Yes the funny is for memes you find.
Nov 5, 2021
Fever Paid Member
Does it make sense to have a separate video channel to keep #general focused on discussion? I think there are pros and cons to separating them.
Nov 5, 2021
Veena
There is one...I called it success. I'm open to name suggestions. I had labeled it videos but thought ppl might think it was tutorials 🤷
Nov 5, 2021
Yes I think that too, Fever.
You can name the channel "general discussion" and then add pole videos channel, pole questions etc.
Nov 5, 2021
Veena
Are you saying no separate channels then? Just channels within the general?

This is how it's organized now.
Nov 5, 2021
Fever Paid Member
I don't know much about organization in Discord, so I'll let someone else comment on that. Maybe the video channel should be named User Videos? That could differentiate it. And there could be one called Admin Videos if you want an official place for site announcements or tutorials.
Nov 5, 2021
Veena
I won't be posting tutorials at least not like here. It's about you guys not me for the discord community. It's hard to lable channels because it adds a - between every word. I was tryint to keep labels to one word so new ppl to discord didn't get confused by all the ------ 😅
Nov 5, 2021
What I would do to make it clear:

Then at the very top an information channel (tht is often seen in all servers) with explanations which channel is for what content.
The rest is in my opinion ok, maybe rename funny to pole memes because I didn't know first what was be meant with funny.
Nov 5, 2021
oh and the info channel should be closed, so no one can write in this channel
Nov 5, 2021
Like this
Nov 5, 2021
oh... I marked the info channel with red, but it's not seeable :( On the left top :)
Nov 5, 2021
Fever Paid Member
Hmm, on mobile it tells me I don't have permission to view info or rules
Nov 5, 2021
rooween1583 Paid Member
Just came here and read all the comments. I just wanted to take a moment to comment. I have no suggestions or advice as I have no tech knowledge. I'm just someone who has more good intentions than time. I don't know what Discord is but I might have to check it out. I just wanted to tell Veena that she is awesome and I support whatever makes her happy and feeds her soul. I know Instagram frustrates me... I really should come here more... more of my good intentions.
Nov 5, 2021
Veena
Thank you rooween! Come join us! [discord.gg]

I'm just learning how to use Discord as well, but it's been pretty easy.
Nov 5, 2021
Veena
I think I'll start a Discord Discussion here later tonight. It will have some tips for using Discord and people can leave questions about it too.

Webmaster and I have paid to boost the server and now we can add video and photos. You can't directly upload a video off your device, that's annoying. Photos uploads work great tho.

I've tested adding video from Studioveena, Youtube IG and tiktok all of them work great! If you upload here just remember to select I WANT TO SHARE on you vid. These will be things I'll put in the new Discord thread here.
Nov 5, 2021
xlumintionx Paid Member
Great tips Veena! Yes a video will be great to explain that some
Nov 5, 2021
Awesome, I’m there! Never even heard of discord but very happy to try out something new… thanks so much for setting it up Veena!! 😘💋
Nov 5, 2021
Veena
[www.studioveena.com]

Nov 6, 2021
I polekat I
Hey veena just wanted to drop a comment too and send my love 💜 I used to be really active on here when I first started pole, then I've sort of drifted away in recent years without meaning to. I don't use IG but I'm on fb, I found I was posting on there more so I could show non pole family and friends, and then just got lazy with double posting. It's a shame as I used to love the community here and really enjoyed the discussions and watching people's progress. I used to spend ages reading and chatting on the discussions whilst it was quiet in work hahaa, so then would get regular notifications about replies which would keep me chatting, but then i started a new job with zero downtime so gradually fell out of the loop 😣 I'm so sorry to hear that so many other people have drifted away too. SV is always the first place I recommend to people looking for online pole resources as I think it has so much to offer, it makes me sad that the pole pros have been like that as I think your teaching is absolutely top notch , I could understand if your methods were not safe or whatever, but it's the complete opposite , your content is so well structured =/

I'm definitely going to make more of an effort to tune in and engage with the the site more because I got so much value from it when I was using it and a great community feeling, and I know that would be the case for so many other people too. I'll try get onto the discord group too. Lots of love xxxx
Nov 7, 2021
sparrow
I'm a pole OG. I was on the Sheila Kelley S Factor forum back in '06. I was so sad when it was shut down in '08 or '09, IIRC. I had taken a long hiatus when I had my youngest and didn't really pole again until '10 or '11, and that's when I learned about SV. This has been an awesome resource for me. I taught in 2 studios and was SO sad to stop teaching....I haven't taught for over 6 years now. I hardly pole anymore but I still do love it and will never not love it. Life has pulled me in other ways though and I'm trying to accept that. Those were the golden days for me, which were far too fleeting. Bottom line for me I guess is - I appreciate this site and I check in occasionally but I really don't have anything to offer. It's hard to move on when things shift and you're not ready and I totally understand that. I hardly do social media. You have been a mentor and a blessing to so many! Even if they aren't here anymore. TY
a month ago
Neesy118 Paid Member
Totally late to the discussion, but, Veena, I have been a member since 2013 and although I'm not on here all the time, you are my rock. My first real instructor. And still forever a beginner! I used to be more active and I gotta say my most favorite thing were YOUR monthly challenges, you are definitely the original and I loved that yours were full routine - themed challenges, but I was a beginner and always said I would participate once "I got good". Then IG happened and everything turned to 30 sec clips. That made me super lazy in really poling for reals, I'd get a decent clip or screenshot and just called it good. Anyways, I just kinda lost my way and never felt I had anything clever or smart to say, so I kinda just stayed silent. Then I just lost my way. But I'm here tonight because I want to really get good and i was motivated and what do I do when I get motivated to pole again? I come to SV. And now, I've gone through a rabbit hole of posts I missed and feeling like I've lost touch with the community I fell in love with way back when. Anyways, I'm totally here for you. I understand your frustrations. But just know you are the best, you are appreciated! Sending you lots of hugs...and also really lost on Discord, it says I lost my invitation or something like that? I am not savvy with tech stuff or new apps or sites. So if you're still doing this, lead the way, I'm in!!! Also not poling today after all, I'm going down and reading all the posts I've been missing and will attempt to be better at posting and being a good member of the community you have created for us. I feel like I've rambled and I hope this has made sense!!!
22 days ago
Veena
I'm out at a bday party, and almost out of battery! But here's the link try this [discord.gg]
22 days ago
Neesy118 Paid Member
Ok, it worked, thank you! I can see/read everything but I can't reply to anything. It's saying my phone # is registered to another account. This is the only # I have, so...🤷🏽‍♀️
21 days ago
Veena
Oh no! I don't know why that would be. Do you have another discord account?
21 days ago
Neesy118 Paid Member
No, i had never heard of discord prior to this, lol
21 days ago
Veena
Did you sign up 2 times? 🤷‍♀️ I asked my boys and they didn't know what that might be.
21 days ago
Neesy118 Paid Member
I don't think I did. When I click the icon it takes me straight to the Pole Pals. I'm automatically signed in. I can read everything I just can't participate without a phone #.
20 days ago
Veena
Maybe if you try signing in from a computer? I really have no idea, I'm new to discord as well.

I searched and found this...... worth a try

"I know how to fix this. Go to discord on your browser, then type in your phone number as your username and use your regular password. Then it's going to ask you to confirm your account by email, and you type in the email you want to send the confirmation to, then go to your email whether it's Gmail, outlook, AOL, etc. Click the verify account bottom, make sure you're a human button, then it'll log you into your regular account. You should be able to verify your phone number from there. Hope this helps."
20 days ago
Neesy118 Paid Member
I got it!!! Don't ask me how, but I'm in, geeez!!! Lol. Same user name lol. I'm so excited. Thank you & good luck w the move
20 days ago
baaybgyrl Paid Member
I love this site. Although not really active I used to be and I also miss the Friday chats. I deemed this to be a safe space where people really were themselves. I also miss that and appreciate all the hard work and time you put into all of this Veena ❤
18 days ago
newschik
Just seeing all this...I wish you well, Veena. You always have been a wonderful influence. I started poling in 2007 and found you early on in my journey. I haven't poled since 2016, save a lesson right before Covid in 2019, and that makes me very sad. I never posted on IG and didn't post vids here either. This always was a good place to discuss form and avoiding injury. Whatever you decide to do, just know that you had impact on a whole lot more people than you even know.

xoxo
8 days ago
evyapeldoorn3582 Paid Member
Dear Veena, just seeing this thread and wanted to show my support and love. I have been poling since a year, at home (no studios close by), and tried quite a few online platforms, websites, apps, etc. I think you are a wonderful teacher, and your structured programs have helped (and still are) me progress so much.

In regards to your comments about lacking interaction:

I think that many people are digitally overloaded. For both work and personal life we are glued to computers and/or phones. Many people, including myself, don’t want to further increase their time spent online or on their phone. Personally I am shying away from social media more and more as I find it time consuming, mentally draining and I don’t like how algorithms are influencing the content we get exposed to. I think many people feel like this, and many are following social media groups without interacting. They follow these groups simply to learn or be inspired.

I didn’t know your were craving interaction. I honestly thought your website was set up as online lessons to follow rather than to interact, which is actually something I really like about it (see my prior point). Your lessons and explanations are very good so most people won’t feel the need to comment or ask questions. You mentioned that hundreds of people are actively and regularly using your website, which I take as a clear sign/evidence of their support for your teachings and that you have loyal followers/users (especially now that there are so many pole studios and instructors doing online classes and programs). Having tried and paid for lots of other programs and sites, I kept coming back to your site. Your membership is very cheap (I would definitely pay more), your structure well laid out, and your tutorials are so good. Perhaps you can add some options, at an extra charge, that would give you the interaction you seek. For example an annual membership with a monthly one on one online session (for example for grading at the end of each level, or just for feedback or some personal contact) or private/(small) group online lessons. As a poler exclusive taught at home, I have never received feedback from an instructor and I know I would benefit from it and happy to pay for it. When I bought my pole a year ago, there was a global shortage of poles as they were all sold out. The pandemic has made poling so much more accessible to people who have never before have been part of the pole community. I guess a lot of these people are happy and feel more comfortable to pole at home, but would still like some instructions, feedback and support from someone they feel comfortable with.

I hope you are not seeing the current lack of interaction on your website (or on this thread) as a sign of lacking support or love for you. There are so many reasons people tend to interact less online and most of these are not a reflection on you. Your current website does not entice interactive sharing and a lot of the users probably have little need for such interaction. Setting up a new platform for social interaction is time consuming and hard to make it successful. Also you may want to think about the ideal group size/followers you would like. If it is too small, then there won’t be enough new regular uploads to make group participants check the posts and interact. On the other hand when the group size becomes too big, then it gets too bulky and hard too find content that individuals can relate with (hence the need for algorithms for most social media platforms).

I hope you find something that works for you and energises you. Lots of love and hugs, Evy
5 days ago
Veena
Hi Evyapeldoorn! Thank your reply! I agree, I left FB a yr ago and don't miss it at all. I also don't have the time or desire to interact on IG with pole people, too hard to track with the algorithms. The site was very busy before IG and FB groups became a thing.

I've started a Discord group and it's been fun. So far I haven't been able to do too much with it as I've moved to a new home and packing and unpacking has taken most of my time. We also hosted Thanksgiving so that was a push to finish unpacking! The group is in the testing phase lol

I don't have a pole set up in the new place yet and I need to install a mount, I'm also waiting on an extension for my favorite pole. I have a pole that I can use that is stuck on spin mode, not a good thing for me to get back to poling with. I'll make do!

If you're interested in being part of the discord group you can find it here. [discord.gg]

I'll be doing live video chats as soon as things settle down. I'll also be there to give people feedback live too! But not yet...I'm aiming for the new year.
5 days ago
PatSmack
I've enjoyed seeing how the studioveena platform has grown throughout the years. The website will always be my favorite go-to.
4 days ago
Veena
Hey! Patsmack 👋 Are you still pole dancing??? 😁
4 days ago

JoleneBell
I don't have time to attend a studio regularly, but with StudioVeena.com, it's like having my own personal trainer by my side every time I train. It would be wonderful if all studios taught such a thorough foundation for pole!
more testimonials