StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions SV February Focus

• SV February Focus

Posted by Veena on February 1, 2016 at 5:00 pm

Hi guys, I have 2 announcements!

The first is a monthly focus for the lessons I’ll be uploading! I’ve decided to spice things up by focusing on one apparatus each month! I’ve got many great lessons sections here and I think focusing on uploading and creating new content utilizing one particular thing might be beneficial and fun! For example: one month might focus on chair work, the next pole dance! Don’t worry I’ll still upload a few things here and there that do not fall into the category for that month but the goal is to create a focus for myself and you! Remember lessons stay up forever so you won’t miss out if you can’t work on the new stuff that month.

This brings me to my second announcement! My very first monthly focus will be….HAMMOCK! Yes, I’m so happy to say I’ve added a whole new section to my lesson line up. As always, lessons are in order and you’ll find helpful tips in the descriptions so don’t forget to read those too! Here is the first Getting Started Hammock lesson to give you an idea of what’s to come.

https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/56ae5d09-362c-4b71-9a8d-0009ac110003

Here’s where I purchase my Hammock http://keiloces.dot5hosting.com/aerial-store.html#section1 She even sells poles by the way! You DON’T need to purchase a fly gym or fancy yoga swing to use my lessons just a simple hammock is perfect, no handles or extra’s needed! However, if you have a yoga swing or fly gym you can totally use those for the lessons.

This video gives a good explanation on how to install a hammock inside I used eye bolts for my installation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGUDzJiW_7Q

Another options is a frame that you could put anywhere Xpole sells one call the A-Frame I have one of those as well and it works well for hammock! http://xpoleus.com/product/x-pole-a-frame/

Last you can always rig the hammock on to any sturdy exposed beam, just make sure it’s free of rot and is a supporting strong beam.

I hope you guys are as excited about this as I am!!! xoxo

Veena replied 8 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    February 9, 2016 at 1:21 am

I’m looking for votes and input on next months focus! Here are the options:

Hula hoop
    Pole
    Chair

Thanks 💜

• Serzi

February 9, 2016 at 1:46 am

Chair is my vote. I’ve always wanted to do chair, but I’m a rather Amazonish gal and so finding a chair that’s comfortable and stable is a challenge in itself. Haha

• Runemist34

February 9, 2016 at 1:55 am

Pole or chair- I would love to see more pole lessons on things like flow, especially beginning again, and ways to link moves together as a beginner. There is lots more out there to be broken down and brought into the spotlight.
    I would also like to get into chair dancing, and having looked through some of the lessons for that, I feel like the energy of them is a little different than what I was looking for. You had a video you put up once of a chair dance you did, and it was super sexy and slow, and I loved that!

• Veena

Administrator
    February 9, 2016 at 2:40 am

There are a lot of combo pole lessons that don’t require any inverts so those would be good for you to review regarding flow. They’re in the routine and combo section.

Once I do a monthly focus on chair, you will see more options for using the chair. As I had mentioned back when I first announced the new section, I’ll have options for routines, workouts and different styles like sexy chair too. Right now I’ve posted what I feel are the basics, fundamentals for chair and getting to know how to use it. I always try to add fundamentals first so I can place them in the related lessons for review. Many of the new lessons you’ll see will be routine based!

• Runemist34

February 9, 2016 at 2:58 am

Of course, and I do enjoy the combo pole lessons and such! They’re good for transitions. I also enjoy the quick lessons… I just notice a whole lot more in Advanced and even Elite than for Beginner, so I thought it was a discrepancy that could be remedied 😉

I would love to see more on the chair, and for now, I’ll certainly be enjoying the fundamentals and getting used to using my chair as something… more than just a chair 😉 I’m hoping to incorporate it into my pole time, so that I can have lots of sexy time with myself!

• Veena

Administrator
    February 9, 2016 at 3:37 am

More routines will be included in the pole section. 🙂

• SweetLavender

February 9, 2016 at 4:31 am

I love all the lessons but would like to see more floor work type combo lessons or sexy chair stuff 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    February 9, 2016 at 3:40 pm

So far it’s looking like chair is in the lead for next months focus!!

• Veena

Administrator
    February 16, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Let a friend know! 🎉🎉🎉

• Veena

Administrator
    February 24, 2016 at 5:26 pm

Have you checked out the NEWLY uploaded 30 minute LOW hammock routine? It targets the core and legs both strenghtening and lengthening 🦄 https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/56cc9d08-5b5c-48a6-a74e-1cbcac110003

• Veena

Administrator
    February 28, 2016 at 10:55 pm

I hope you guys enjoying having a monthly focus! 🌹Be sure to checkout my new workout routines for hammocks and fly gyms! 💜

• Neesy118

February 29, 2016 at 3:07 am

Have definitely enjoyed the monthly focus. It gives me much needed direction when planning my workouts. And finally putting my Fly gym to good use

• Veena

Administrator
    March 1, 2016 at 4:04 am

Nessy, your support has been much appreciated this month! Being that I only teach online, it’s hard to know if what you’re posting is helpful or even appreciated when you can’t see peoples reactions in person!