StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Rigging for silks that attach to my pole

• RikkiL

September 25, 2012 at 9:16 am
  • chemgoddess1

September 25, 2012 at 10:10 am

How is this different than flygym?  http://www.flygym.com/

• chemgoddess1

September 25, 2012 at 10:11 am

Forget that….fly gym is more hammock style.

• Dancing Paws

September 25, 2012 at 10:40 am

Holy crap. I didn't know LM was selling that! I am soooo getting that thing! I wonder if you could switch out the umni gym attacment on it.

• AriFerrari

September 25, 2012 at 10:43 am

AWESOME! First I've heard of Pole Aria! Pole + Silks = I'm in love! Thanks for sharing this!

• Dancing Paws

September 25, 2012 at 11:24 am

On the site it says "While it can also be used on other brands of poles, Pole Aria should not be used on a free standing pole/stage or any friction only mounted poles."

• Dancing Paws

September 25, 2012 at 11:32 am

I'm not sure if that is to get us to buy a LM pole for it, ir if it really is dangerous on a friction pole. I don't see why it would be…

• CreativityBySteffie

September 25, 2012 at 11:38 am

WOW!

• Dancing Paws

September 25, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Okay, now I'm bummed. The creator of this thing runs the studio where I used to live. Lame!

• Dancing Paws

September 25, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I called lilmynx and platinum stages about this. They both said DO NOT use this on a stage pole or a removal pole. Too bad. I guess I'll have to wait till I move outta here for an aerial rig.

• Lyme Lyte

September 25, 2012 at 7:06 pm

If u mounted ur pole to the ceiling u could use it on ur X!

• Dancing Paws

September 25, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I'd talk to Randy at lilmynx and x pole about that. And they need to be mounted with heavy duty screws, cuz the force on the top of the pole is a lot!

• Dirty Girl POLEtice

September 25, 2012 at 8:54 pm

When you mount your removable pole to become permanent, you use lag screws, NOT regular screws.  I'm not sure about x, but I have mounted MANY ps removable poles.  You actually mount the base and the top plate with one lag screw. 

HOWEVER, in most homes you would be mounting into ONE 2×4 or 2×6.  The lag screw is I believe 3/8", meaning you'll be drilling a giant hole into a 2 inch section of roof tract.  This would make WAY to much tork and you could end up splitting the board..thus your ceiling.  Sucky thing is, you wouldn't notice until to late.

I would suggest NOT doing this.  If you want to mount in a home, you need to be able to get to the rafters and make a bridge of sorts.  I have directions somewhere on how to do this, I'll have to find the link and post later.  But generally it will need to be done either in a garage with exposed rafters or on the top floor of a house with attic/rafter access

Summer

• Lyme Lyte

September 25, 2012 at 9:06 pm

So ur saying prob not a good idea to use on a pole n the basement….even if its a LM like they say u can use it on? It appears this is a new product, should b interesting on the reviews then. Thanks!

• Dirty Girl POLEtice

September 25, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Well, that depends, can you see the base floor joists?  Do you have drywall ceiling or drop ceilings? 

One way that you could do it, it would be ugly, but useful, is to place a 2×6 across at least 2 joists.  Mounting them into the joists, THEN mounting the pole to the 2×6.  THis should spread the load across 2 ft at least,

I don't know how LM can be mounted permanently, or if it can be done.  From what I understand about LM is that it's very nature is not permanent, only the little plate thingy you push it in to. 

The girl that does pole aria stayed with me while we were in vegas and we talked a lot about it.  I saw it in person.  It's pretty interesting, and will work beautifully on a permanent pole. 

But there is a lot of torque at the top, so you need to make sure it's secure, checking it daily. 

Page 1 of 5