StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Resistance Bands Troubleshooting!

• Resistance Bands Troubleshooting!

Posted by HilaryKate aka LolaSlaytor on January 19, 2018 at 9:28 pm

Hi Veeners!
    I just got my first set of resistance bands from Rubberbanditz. I tried them out a bit today but I can’t seem to make them stay put on my pole! Even if I pull out with at least 45 degree angle from the pole, they seem to slip (suddenly and rather randomly). Definitely makes me hesitate to use them seriously if it might slip down!
    Is there any cleaning that I need to do when I first get the bands?
    If it’s at all helpful, my pole is titanium gold.

Thanks!

Cantetinza17 replied 6 years, 3 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    January 19, 2018 at 11:37 pm

I have the RITFIT brand and they stay fine, but I’ve only used them on my brass….will try it on my TG at some point to see if it’s different.

• Veena

Administrator
    January 19, 2018 at 11:50 pm

Just tried them on my TG and they stick fine. So I’m not sure what might be the problem. Here’s some photos of how I wrap mine.

• dustbunny

January 21, 2018 at 4:29 am

I have the rubberbanditz and have no issues with them slipping on my chrome poles. You could try a double wrap and see if that helps.

• HilaryKate aka LolaSlaytor

January 21, 2018 at 7:14 pm

I had wrapped mine the same way that Veena shows in her pics above.

Hmm not sure what I should try next!

• AllysonKendal

January 21, 2018 at 8:51 pm

Def double wrap them. They work on my TG and SS in the studio nicely 🙂

• Cantetinza17

January 22, 2018 at 2:04 pm

Yeah I have those bands as well and I’ve noticed it depends on how many times you wrap as well as making sure it’s at a proper height and I guess how you use the pressure when you use them. I’m sure what I just said makes no sense, 😅 But that’s what I discovered. I’m looking for tutorials that can show how to use them when training. You get them and then your like, “Now What”?