StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Rant about pole diameters, and if anyone has any suggestions

• Rant about pole diameters, and if anyone has any suggestions

Posted by Zoiiys on April 26, 2017 at 2:46 pm

I feel like I really have to rant. My old pole studio had chrome 45mm poles and I did very well on them except for some serious skin allergies. So I bought a brass 45mm for home use. Changed pole studios to somewhere that uses brass 40mm poles and now practice has become so difficult at home! More being very painful on my hands!!! I can’t even complete some moves due to the pain. So painful I’m considering getting a new 40mm one but that would just be a waste of money. Studio ones are just fine though. I can’t figure out why. End of rant.
    Seriously though, anyone has any ideas on how to help with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for listening.

quirkyladymac9134 replied 6 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    April 27, 2017 at 2:35 am

I’m not sure I understand what is hurting. Just your hands hurt as in skin or grip wise? You can always try selling your 45 brass, then you can purchase the smaller 40mm. Some moves are not as easy on larger poles, there’s a reason that we didn’t have crazy single hand moves back when a 50mm was standard!!!

• Zoiiys

April 27, 2017 at 2:45 am

Sorry, I guess I wasn’t clear. Hands! Hurt a lot more!
    I guess I can sell the pole but I don’t really want to, as I’ll probably have to sell at a loss, and it’s practically new too. I was thinking if I can nail a 45mm, then a 40mm would not be an issue since I have rather large man hands anyway.

• Veena

Administrator
    April 27, 2017 at 2:57 am

🙂 I have hand, wrist and forearm exercises that will help you build strength in the lessons if you’re interested, they can be found in the Conditioning section. We all use to dance on 50s so I bet if you work at it you’ll be able to use a 45 too!

• quirkyladymac9134

April 27, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Hi just wondering whether the studio have stage poles and whether you have a fixed pole. I find the stage poles at class which have a little movement/give when you use them are more comfortable than my fixed pole at home. Possibly this could be the reason you are having problems with your hands rather than the diameter