StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Powder Coating Options

• Powder Coating Options

Posted by katie8770 on May 8, 2020 at 1:21 pm

Hello again 🙂

So I found a place in Montreal that does powder coating that can do pickup and delivery since I don’t have a car. I’m confused though with their answer about which type to choose from. I wrote XPole but no answer. I’m hoping someone here may be able to help me. This is what he wrote:

Well there are many types of resins to make powder coat but each type is used to obtain different colours or textures.

There are some that are veiny, some that are rough, some are smooth. It would be nice if we could show you some samples in order for you to choose from.

You can pick a colour from http://www.prismaticpowders.com

Veena replied 3 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    May 8, 2020 at 4:41 pm

I looked at samples and pretty sure I went with smooth with high shine. I know the SV pole I use to sell had a double process to get the finish and it was very glossy and smooth.

• katie8770

May 8, 2020 at 5:52 pm

Ok so I should tell them glossy and smooth? I have no way of getting to their shop to see samples because I don’t have a car, and it’s impossible to get to by public transit…ugh.

• Veena

Administrator
    May 8, 2020 at 6:27 pm

I would and explain that you want a sticky, grippy finish.

• katie8770

May 12, 2020 at 1:39 pm

Ok thank you. I did and he responded with:

“It is possible that just the powder coat itself is sticky. I can get a pick up and delivery scheduled for you for an additional cost.”

Having zero experience getting this done I am at a loss whether or not I should proceed with them. They have good Google reviews (do mostly car parts I think).

I am going to go with black (I see most powder coated poles come in white, pink or black) in hopes that the paint would be similar.

In your expert opinion does his answers sound OK to proceed?

• Veena

Administrator
    May 12, 2020 at 3:36 pm

Yeah, all PC has a sticky/grip to it…I don’t think that the color matters, my PC poles are purple, red and black. I think it’s the process used to create the overall finish, not the color. I was able to feel and see the finish I went with. I couldn’t tell ya if that place was good or not. Feeling is the best day to know.