StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Poling with tennis elbow?

• Poling with tennis elbow?

Posted by Sarah Brace on January 19, 2014 at 5:06 pm

I was recently diagnosed by a Physio as having tennis elbow, it’s mild in my right & worse in my left, caused by getting carried away doing waaay too much gardening!

I’ve been extremely wary of going back on the pole ever since, but I’m missing it a great deal.
    Has anyone here continued to pole successfully through it or been able to modify their practice to have less pains & strains? I’m wearing a Velcro elbow strap on each forearm to do anything involving lifting etc, as advised by the Physio, is this sufficient to protect it or should I be more patient?

ironmaiden replied 3 years, 5 months ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Polebull

January 19, 2014 at 5:11 pm

I have been suffering from the same thing for a couple of months. Rest is the best for tendinitis but I have continued to lift weights and pole through it. I am careful not to overdue it and on the days that it flairs up I listen to my body, ice it and rest!

• AriFerrari

January 19, 2014 at 5:36 pm

I have had this before, actually from pole! I got it from split grip spins and holds, I was relying too much on my bottom arm. I laid off split grip stuff for a while then when it felt better and I was ready to do split grips again, I changed my bottom hand to what I call “trigger grip”, wrist facing up and index finger extended pointed down, I feel like it’s less pressure on my wrist and elbow and keeps me from death gripping and locking out on my elbow.
    Feel better soon!

• Saphyre

January 19, 2014 at 6:03 pm

My tendinitis is also from gardening. The best advise I can give you is to stretch your wrists and forearms after every workout. Religiously. If I pole for more than 2 hours, I stretch, then ice. Sometimes I need to give them long rest periods.

• ironmaiden

October 24, 2020 at 1:19 am

Hello, I would like to know how you have all healed from your tennis elbow. I have been diagnosed last week and might start therapy this coming week. I think I got it from practicing my IronX. =( it’s just been a two weeks but I’m already missing pole but I need to rest because I can still feel pain when I move my arm. What did you guys do to help your tennis elbow heal?

• Veena

Administrator
    October 24, 2020 at 1:26 am

Once you are cleared to start training again work on this routine, it’s got a bunch on stretches and strength work that will help prevent this. https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/5e7506d9-4224-4491-8439-4bc4ac110005

• ironmaiden

October 24, 2020 at 12:19 pm

Thank you! 🥰