Poling with tennis elbow?

Silver Sylph Previous Paid Member
I was recently diagnosed by a Physio as having tennis elbow, it's mild in my right & worse in my left, caused by getting carried away doing waaay too much gardening!

I've been extremely wary of going back on the pole ever since, but I'm missing it a great deal.
Has anyone here continued to pole successfully through it or been able to modify their practice to have less pains & strains? I'm wearing a Velcro elbow strap on each forearm to do anything involving lifting etc, as advised by the Physio, is this sufficient to protect it or should I be more patient?
Jan 19, 2014
Polebull
I have been suffering from the same thing for a couple of months. Rest is the best for tendinitis but I have continued to lift weights and pole through it. I am careful not to overdue it and on the days that it flairs up I listen to my body, ice it and rest!
Jan 19, 2014
AriFerrari
I have had this before, actually from pole! I got it from split grip spins and holds, I was relying too much on my bottom arm. I laid off split grip stuff for a while then when it felt better and I was ready to do split grips again, I changed my bottom hand to what I call "trigger grip", wrist facing up and index finger extended pointed down, I feel like it's less pressure on my wrist and elbow and keeps me from death gripping and locking out on my elbow.
Feel better soon!
Jan 19, 2014
Saphyre
My tendinitis is also from gardening. The best advise I can give you is to stretch your wrists and forearms after every workout. Religiously. If I pole for more than 2 hours, I stretch, then ice. Sometimes I need to give them long rest periods.
Jan 19, 2014
ironmaiden
Hello, I would like to know how you have all healed from your tennis elbow. I have been diagnosed last week and might start therapy this coming week. I think I got it from practicing my IronX. =( it’s just been a two weeks but I’m already missing pole but I need to rest because I can still feel pain when I move my arm. What did you guys do to help your tennis elbow heal?
Oct 24, 2020
Veena
Once you are cleared to start training again work on this routine, it's got a bunch on stretches and strength work that will help prevent this. [www.studioveena.com]
Oct 24, 2020
ironmaiden
Thank you! 🥰
Oct 24, 2020

calipolepixie
StudioVeena's lessons are the best online lessons on the net. All of Veena's lessons are very through, concise and she breaks down the moves, so well and gives options to get in and out of moves which I love. I <3 SV, you will too!
more testimonials