StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Poling After the 30 Day Starter Program

• Poling After the 30 Day Starter Program

Posted by TreesySpins on April 2, 2018 at 12:30 am

Hi everyone, I finished the 30 day starter class (it took me a few months because of my busy schedule) and I occasionally take an intro class in real life. I can now do a pole sit, pole climb, some basic pole spins, and some floor work. I just started the 30 day invert program and I occasionally follow the individual stretching videos but I’m hungry for more. I want to learn all the cool moves I see on IG but don’t know what to do next to get there. How do you all maximize your time on the site? Should I begin working through the beginner moves videos? Without a program that tells me exactly what to do every day, I’m not sure what to do next. Thanks!

Nat replied 6 years ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Sprocket

April 2, 2018 at 9:32 am

I felt that way too! There are so many great videos! But I have not done the 30 day program so I am lucky that I can start there. I’m going to start today 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    April 2, 2018 at 4:05 pm

The programs are a perfect way to keep you on track! You can always add any extra moves you would like to work on to the end or beginning of a program session too! Please understand that all categories have the lessons placed in a progressive order so start from the beginning! So yes, beginners is a good place to start! If you skip around you may not learn a move or technique that you will need for future moves.

PS…please remember that Instagram isn’t reality and there almost every new and cool move is either a modification of a fundamental move found here or a signature move that is doable for THAT dancer but possibly not for others!!

• Allison Erin

April 2, 2018 at 4:05 pm

I felt exactly the same way! But I moved on to “30 Days to Flexy” after the starter program, and it really helped me figure out what to do since basically, it’s another 30 days that guides you through workouts and stretching that are balanced for the whole body. So I started with that as a base program, then also worked through the beginner moves lessons, trying to work on some upper-body-centric moves on days the program had me working upper body–and so on. And at the end of the program, it says you can repeat the last two weeks over and over to continue. So I did that for a couple more months, slowly modifying it based on my own needs, and now I don’t really follow it anymore but I feel like the experience has made me more confident in building my own routine.

• Sprocket

April 5, 2018 at 5:02 pm

THanks. That makes allot of sense.

• Nat

April 6, 2018 at 7:59 am

I have been doing the beginner moves in addition to my weekly session (I do 1 to 1 for various reasons). I like to go through them in more depth really focusing on the technique. Veena gives you different tips and I feel like I am really getting the hang of it. I also look at the bonus moves section if I want to try something new, there are still some beginner moves in there or you could do the combos/routines in there. I tend to leave inverted moves to do in my session as at the moment I need a spotter but hopefully one day I will put my brave pants on I do it on my own (and crash mat of course) x