StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole vs flex????

• Pole vs flex????

Posted by Rach520 on November 22, 2016 at 3:56 pm

Can anyone help? I’m an beginner/intermediate poler…by that I mean I can do some of the more difficult advanced poses but very ungracefully! I have the flexibility of a stick and really want to focus on improving both strength on the pole and flexibility. Realistically I have about 45mins a day to commit to exercise and just wondering if anyone can suggest the best way to split my time. Should I splitting each session between both or do flexibility training every other day?? Any guidance ladies? Xx

Rach520 replied 7 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    November 22, 2016 at 5:40 pm

Have you tried any of the program here? They’re all well rounded as far as flexibility and strength building. Also, if you really wanted to focus on one, I’d say try the 30 days to flexy program, even though it’s a program to increase flexibility you’ll be working on strength too. You need both strength and flexibility to help reduce your risk of injury so for me training strength and flexibility go hand in hand.

If you don’t want to try a program, train what you like and then make sure to take a time at the end of each session to stretch. Just adding in a few minutes of stretching to remind worked muscle how to relax can be helpful. Keep in mind that there are several routines that focus on flexibility or strength so you can mix up what you want to focus on, they’re all under 45 mins long!

• Rach520

November 22, 2016 at 5:46 pm

Thanks vena 😊 I would like to do the 30 day flexi programme but was worried that I’d be taking a step backwards on the pole side because I don’t have enough time to do both..do you think it would be okay to do pole on the rest days in the flexibility plan or does rest mean rest?

• Veena

Administrator
    November 22, 2016 at 6:01 pm

First remember that pole should be fun, unless you’re making a living off of competitive pole then no need to stress about what level you’re at with pole tricks. However, if you wanted to do the flexy program I think most days you’d have time to start with some pole work first, then finish with the suggested lessons in the flexy program.

It’s good to keep suggest rest days in programs, but you can do is read ahead in the program and see what days are full rest and what are active. Then you can plan what days you’ll pole on as well. On active rest you can do things like floor works, transitions, work on making existing “easy for you to do” moves pretty. Rest days just aren’t the days to begin working on new strenuous moves. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

• Rach520

November 22, 2016 at 6:06 pm

That’s great veena…thank you 😊😊😊