StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole Journal

• Pole Journal

Posted by w0nderland on October 12, 2017 at 6:43 pm

Hey,

Today I bought this cute little notebook and I was thinking to kinda use it as a pole journal.
    Maybe to write down a little what I have learned or worked on each lesson.
    However I was wondering if anyone else is doung it and what they are writing down? 🙂

33barbwire replied 6 years, 5 months ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • StrangeFox

October 13, 2017 at 2:21 am

Me! I have a paper journal where I jot down exercises for conditioning/flexibility, tips for the tricks I’ve learned, and ideas for dances/combos/choreography. I also have a journal on my computer where I write about my progress, my setbacks and my goals. It’s cool to see how far I’ve come, and it’s helpful for me to look back on it when I have bad days or weeks. It reminds me that bad times don’t last forever, and that the move I was struggling with yesterday might be my go-to move tomorrow.

I think writing in a journal is a wonderful idea. I find it’s easy to forget how far I’ve progressed, and when I experience setbacks it’s so helpful for me to remember I’ve gotten through tough times before.

• Baudelaire

October 13, 2017 at 3:18 am

I love my pole journals! Such treasured memories! Mine has a copy of each routine I have choreographed, photos from performances, group shots with my pole family, and record of special events and workshops with my pole idols.

https://melnutter.com/2015/10/11/keeping-a-pole-journal/

• StrangeFox

October 14, 2017 at 12:21 am

Baudelaire – I came across your blog while researching how to fall safely out of inverted crucifix/shoulder mount and it was immensely helpful – thank you for sharing. 🙂

• YettiBear1

October 16, 2017 at 1:01 am

I have one too 😀 I dedicated an entire page to “Things I Want to Learn” and have slowly been checking them off over the past year, with notes on the days that they were attempted and then finally achieved. I write down anything from combinations that are floating around in my head to yoga flows or exercises I’ve tried/ want to try. It also contains a lot of poorly drawn stick figures 🙂

• Barbarella

October 17, 2017 at 8:38 am

I keep one, too! After each training session I write down the moves I have worked on, as well as ideas for my next workout. I like to quickly take a peek in my journal and think over the moves/routines every now and then (when cooking, cleaning). I am the kind of person having a really hard time remembering this kind of stuff 🙂
    I also have a list of goals/moves I would like to achieve.

• 33barbwire

November 2, 2017 at 3:50 pm

I’ve almost filled up my first journal! The early pages are diagrams of a bunch of tricks, and I’d thought I’d make a catalog of every trick ever…but that was too ambitious lol.

Mine has workouts with notes on how much effort I felt I was exerting. Like, did 3 sets of 3 knee tucks feel hard one week, and 2 sets of 5 felt super hard another week? I’ve got short checklists of tricks I want to nail (though they’ve been taking a while). I also have a lot of notes from listening to interviews on the Pole Parlour podcast!

Since this one’s almost full, it’ll be time for me to pick out a new one soon. 🙂