StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Plus size sticky leggings?

• Plus size sticky leggings?

Posted by Gail 77 on January 23, 2021 at 9:19 pm

Hi all,
    I’d like to try out sticky leggings but I’m having a hard time finding them in my size. (I’m around a US 18 or 20). Does anyone have a direction to point me in?
    Thanks!!😊

Juicy J replied 3 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    January 23, 2021 at 11:41 pm

I found these https://creaturesofxix.co/products/gecko-grip-leggings-black?variant=28962291089513 Claims you can order XXL not sure what US size that equates to.

I’ve not tried this brand but it seems they’re all similar.

• Gail 77

January 23, 2021 at 11:49 pm

Thanks! I was looking at those. I’m pondering the 2xl but I think they’d still be small.

• Veena

Administrator
    January 23, 2021 at 11:55 pm

Why do you want them? I honestly like bare skin better. All the legging I’ve tried move around. I actually ended up with pretty back rug burn like spots on my knee pits and crotch area!!!!

If you have trouble gripping the pole grip aids can really help.

• Gail 77

January 24, 2021 at 5:36 pm

Hmm… well i guess I was thinking they could add a little bit of extra stick as I work on my strength in certain things. Also I thought it would be nice to wear leggings to keep my temp up on cold days.

• Veena

Administrator
    January 24, 2021 at 5:45 pm

Just something to think about before spending a bunch on leggings. The only reason you see me wearing them in all my social media is to keep my work out of shadowban. I hate that I have to cover up.

I’m sure some love the leggings! They have their place and would help keep you warm.

• amelia2000

January 25, 2021 at 9:00 pm

There’s a size chart with measurements on Creatures of XIX, so you can check size against your measurements.

I have some sticky leggings but I must say, they are awkward to get on and off as they have to be tight and they stick too much for some things (like sliding down from a cross ankle release to a handstand)

My tip for cold days would be to do exotic static in normal leggings and heels XD

• Juicy J

January 28, 2021 at 6:05 am

I have to agree with Amelia here on sticky leggings being a pain to get on and off as they have to be TIGHT so they don’t move around too much when you are on the pole.
    I’ve worn my Lunalae sticky leggings only 3 times and thought they were ok on my home pole. During a virtual pole class, I had 1 instructor tell me that a particular move we were doing might be trickier in leggings than in bare skin.
    Given that they are so hard to get on and off, going to the toilet was a real chore and really put me off wearing them again.

Veena, I didn’t realise people can get horrible burns in sticky leggings! Perhaps the leggings weren’t tight enough on you and you moved too much in them?! Mine were pretty secure but yes, do move slightly in them but not to the point of getting burns.

• amelia2000

January 28, 2021 at 10:46 am

I think it’s the fabric being pressed against your skin in them in certain moves XD I did an allegra in them the other day and it was more painful than usual lol Definitely takes some getting used to!

• Juicy J

January 28, 2021 at 12:07 pm

Ohh, right, Amelia! Yes, quite possibly! I did not have that issue with my sticky leggings although I haven’t tested them extensively.
    Agreed that it takes more time to get used to. I think that’s why in the end, it was still easier to just pole in bare skin and get grippy even in the Winter months.

• Veena

Administrator
    January 28, 2021 at 4:46 pm

Juicy, I have the smallest size and they’re tight but still because of their grippy nature they stay on the pole but my body keeps moving. It’s areas like knee pits and the fold of the hips. I had burns so bad I contacted the company to let them know. They told me I need to wash them before using. I have, of course washed them many times and still have problems.

Yesterday I was contacted by someone on IG who has scaring from wearing her skicky leggings! I thought I was unique in that issue but….

I think for moves like climbs and sits it’s not so bad, but as a very flexible mover they don’t work for me.

The best pair of sticky leggings I have were under 25 dollars! However, they smell bad when you first get them and you sweat like CRAZY!! I don’t get pole burn on my knee pits but still have to watch out for the hip area.

• Juicy J

January 30, 2021 at 4:45 am

Oooh, it sounds like sticky leggings are not best suited to you, Veena. Sorry to hear. =(

Wow, under $25 USD for a pair of sticky leggings is a DREAM! I guess if you don’t mind the bad smell and the sweat factor, it may work ok from time to time.

I guess there are some of us who just don’t “love” our sticky leggings and that’s ok!

In hindsight, I probably should have never gotten mine. They should be fairly easy to sell should I decide to actually get rid of them.