StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Plus size inverting help

• Plus size inverting help

Posted by JessMcG on November 29, 2020 at 2:07 am

This is the first time I felt I could get upside down with more ease then before. But I get upside down and I have nothing to do lol. I’m just squeezing and I just have no sweet clue what to do next. Can try to upload a video if its possible

JessMcG replied 3 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    November 29, 2020 at 4:18 am

A video is always helpful! 😀 Have you been doing the 30 invert program and have you watched the lesson for inverts? https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/5eb9b374-1c80-4085-9b27-156fac110005 I’m assuming yes, but gotta ask.

Remember you should be practicing from the floor first, this includes leg grips so you can slide back down to the floor. Sliding down is the best exit for new inverters. This is where you learn grip control, sliding back down, you need to release enough to move but not so much you fall.

• JessMcG

November 29, 2020 at 11:26 am

Its not letting me attach the video here Veena so I’m going to upload it to my profile page.
    I haven’t done the invert program but I did watch the lessons on inverting.

• Veena

Administrator
    November 29, 2020 at 5:24 pm

To add a video just copy and paste the link. I’ll go find the vid though 🙂

• JessMcG

November 30, 2020 at 6:52 pm

Hey Veena! I just uploaded another attempt. I really tried to focus on that side hold grip. I found this way I wasn’t more comfortable. Does it look any better? Also I feel like my legs may not be positioned right

• JessMcG

November 30, 2020 at 6:53 pm
  • Veena

Administrator
    November 30, 2020 at 9:14 pm

I doubt it would feel more comfortable, it’s more about learning to use the side pole hold grip, not making it easier or comfortable. Your legs look fine. Even with the side pole hold your still starting as you did in the previous video farther from the pole. Being as close as you were in the second one would also make it feel harder.

I would go through the 30 day invert program, we do drills that will help a bunch. Also make sure you’re trying both sides if pole is your main workout. 🙂

• JessMcG

November 30, 2020 at 10:59 pm

Thanks so much Veena! I will definitely start the program in the new year. For now this has been a great help! 🙂

• JessMcG

November 30, 2020 at 10:59 pm

Also I’m so guilty for not practicing my bad side 😒