StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Out of the Pole Slump

• Out of the Pole Slump

Posted by StrangeFox on December 28, 2018 at 11:37 pm

I was on here earlier venting about my lack of progress and it seemed like many of you were in the same boat so I wanted to post an update.

Due to work demands I was forced to take a small break from pole, which was actually very helpful in that it allowed me to distance myself from my pole training and review it more critically. At first I panicked and felt really guilty about neglecting my pole but I needed this slow down to clear my mind. I’m feeling much better now and slowly starting to see progress again. Here are the major things that helped me out of my slump:

1) I ended up switching to another studio, which turned out to be a huge game changer for me. I still love my old studio, but the new studio is much better for me. It’s closer to home, and the advanced level curriculum is a lot more focused with a heavier emphasis on progression. The class sizes are also much smaller, and we spend a lot more time on warm-up and conditioning, which works very well for me. Switching studios helped me figure out what level I belonged in, and what I needed to make my training successful.

2) I stopped over-focusing on moves I thought I should be ready to learn, and instead spent my time and energy on moves that I was mentally and physically ready for.

3) I’ve put more thought into my style and the types of moves that work best for me. There were many really great moves I was ignoring/taking for granted because I didn’t think they were for me when they actually blended quite nicely with my style of dancing, and there are even more moves I was obsessed with that I would never naturally flow into.

Anyone else leaving their pole slump behind? What really helped you get over that hump and get your pole mojo back?

hookedonpole replied 5 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • LatinPoler

December 30, 2018 at 12:39 am

Glad to hear and very happy for you. I think you did all the right things!

• hookedonpole

December 30, 2018 at 1:22 am

Wow, great job on figuring out what works for you. All very important points. Happy poling!