StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Newbie here!

• Newbie here!

Posted by Ghostfox23 on February 24, 2018 at 1:13 am

Hey everyone!! I’m new to pole even though I’ve had one in my apartment for a while. I was really hesitant/nervous to start pole dancing, because it’s pretty outside of my comfort zone. But glad I finally did it :). Just did day 1 of 30 day take off, already know I’m gonna be sore tomorrow but I’m excited to see what happens next. Any tips to keep motivated?

Ghostfox23 replied 6 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    February 24, 2018 at 8:15 pm

Hi and welcome!! Track your progress using photos, video or notes. Then when you feel you haven’t gotten very far you can look back and see how far you’ve come! If you haven’t already watch this video 🙂 https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/4dd121f2-bf68-46c6-9306-11770ac37250

• Allison Erin

February 25, 2018 at 4:26 am

Pole was super outside my comfort zone as well, but I’m so glad I took the leap and finally started! I’m excited for you, since you’re just beginning! Along with tracking my progress (to prove to myself that I can improve), I find it really motivating to pick out specific moves I’d love to be able to do, then tell myself I have to do my pole training so I’ll eventually be able to do those moves! It’s also super fun to look at all the stuff I can’t do yet and think that if I work hard, I might be able to do it someday!

• Ghostfox23

February 25, 2018 at 6:31 am

Thanks Veena and Allison :).I have started taking notes on my reps and sets for exercises and work my way up to recording. I’m curious to see what will happen in 30 days and seeing the progress.

• TreesySpins

February 25, 2018 at 3:53 pm

Welcome to the coolest sport ever! I agree with Veena that tracking your progress. I also recommend getting a separate Instagram account just for poling and start following others. I get so much of my inspiration and energy from the amazing people online. Also, as you get more confident, I’d recommend taking a few real life classes if there are any in your area. You’ll improve by leaps and bounds just going a few times because you’ll have someone there to critique you. You’ll also meet other people who are just as passionate about poling. Enjoy! And remember to rest every other day in the beginning. It’s real easy to get carried away and get hurt. Follow Veena’s instructions!

• Ghostfox23

February 26, 2018 at 10:50 pm

@Treesy progress tracking has been helpful so far in a little notebook. I’m considering another Instagram account just for pole since I already follow a few ppl on my main account. Luckily, my town has some pole classes that I’ve been curious about taking for a while. Currently, I’m on day 4 of 30-day takeoff and trying not to overdo it and rush through to the next thing, which is a habit that I’m trying to break, and following Veena’s instructions.

Who do you follow on Instagram? I follow:
    Polefreaks
    Rozthediva,
    Blackgirlspole
    Curvygirlspole
    Ava Madison
    Lara Joh

• TreesySpins

February 27, 2018 at 12:23 am

I follow dozens of people but @tropicalvertical was the one who told me about Veena. I’m @treesyspins if you want to see who else I follow.

• Veena

Administrator
    February 27, 2018 at 4:01 am

Don’t forget to follow me! I do challenges every month and I try my best to always include easier variations so everyone can participate.

• KoalaB

February 27, 2018 at 4:15 pm

Hello! I thought I’d barge my way into this conversation and introduce myself as a newbie as well! I too have just finished Day 1 of the 30 Day Takeoff and I’m really excited to become a part of this community. I took beginner pole classes for a few months a couple of years ago and loved it but stopped when I moved into a small apartment. I’m in a house now again and I’ve got my pole up and I’m ready to get strong and attempt to look graceful on my pole, haha. Thanks for all of the work you’ve put into helping beginners get started, Veena!

• Ghostfox23

February 27, 2018 at 4:33 pm

@Veena of course I follow you on IG and FB too :). Welcome @KoalaB! What was your experience like with day 1 of 30 day takeoff?

• KoalaB

February 28, 2018 at 7:10 pm

@Ghostfox23 I enjoyed it! It was a quick and efficient workout because I woke up today with my legs feeling a little sore, haha. I admit that I was tempted yesterday to just move ahead to other days but instead I just did more reps of the Day 1 exercises. I’m glad now that I didn’t try push ahead too quickly. Looking forward to getting to know all of you some more!

• Ghostfox23

March 1, 2018 at 1:40 am

@KoalaB day 1 was quick for me too and I quickly learned my shoulder slide during the warm-up is gonna need some work haha. Pushing myself ahead too quick is definitely one of the areas I’m trying to work on and being patient. Yesterday I did an hour or so of Day 5 (maintenance guy interrupted to do repairs) and normally I would beat myself about it but I figured an hour is better than nothing. Looking forward to Day 6 :).