StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions New year Pole Goals?

• New year Pole Goals?

Posted by Jacquiespinz on January 3, 2018 at 4:16 pm

Anyone else setting pole goals for themselves in this new year? I’m starting to think about what moves I want to accomplish this year and plan on making a list here shortly….It’s so hard to narrow down what I want to do and the progression of the moves as well. Anyone else?

BubbleBoo28 replied 6 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • lisakm

January 4, 2018 at 12:15 pm

Yes, there’s so much that I want to improve on, it’s hard to narrow focus for realistic goals and plans. My main goal at this point is the handspring — have long wanted that, and now’s the time. Smaller goals: to get my ayesha back — used to be able to hold it forever on both sides, now can only do one side. And to clean up my allegra and jade split. And to get my aerial shouldermount back, and straight-leg inverts. And to string together some long aerial sequences. And to work on flow and freestyle. Flexibility and strength, too — have been very close to front splits for ages, need to be more consistent with my splits training to solidly get these, and want to be more disciplined with my home workouts. And want to work on back flexibility. And spin tolerance. And to catalog the moves I know, so I can kind of keep them fresh in my mind (and in my practice) and not forget and lose stuff. That’s what I want for this year!

• BubbleBoo28

January 29, 2018 at 3:24 am

The biggest thing for me is to get my strength back. I haven’t worked out since 2014 when I moved to a new state. I practiced before that in a pole studio for a few years. Now I feel weak and winded and I want to get back into shape. Pole was the ONLY workout I’ve ever loved. It’s hard work but it’s worth it. By the end of this year I want to be able to safely rely on my strength to invert and do a handstand without discomfort.