StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions New Pole Milestones Reached

• New Pole Milestones Reached

Posted by StrangeFox on September 7, 2017 at 3:33 am

Just reached three new milestones – 2 good, and 1 kind of scary.

I had my first fall off of the pole today. Fortunately it was a nice slow fall and I was able to maintain some control all the way down with my legs and tuck my head so I didn’t get hurt… just embarrassed. It taught me how to fall, and also that despite my laundry situation I ALWAYS need to wear short-shorts when I’m doing laybacks (no mid-thigh running shorts for me…).

I did my first ever aerial inversion today. I was super pumped about that one! I can hook the pole with my foot so I’m working on doing it with nice pretty “V”/chopper legs and getting my ankle on there.

I managed to get my ankle past the pole when I used controlled momentum to attempt a shoulder mount. I can hang out with “V” legs for a little while in that position, but I need to figure out how to grab with the ankle (the instructor had to guide my foot), and I think I need a tad more strength because once I get my ankle up there I have to immediately get the pole between my knees or else my shoulder starts to slide down.

StrangeFox replied 6 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.