StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Need some advice

• Need some advice

Posted by molica23939382 on January 19, 2020 at 9:05 am

Hey guys. I’m new to pole dancing and I just finished the Studio Veena 30 day take off program. I’m still weak. There are some pole moves I can’t do (like thigh rest, basic plank, wrist sit, elbow stand and I can’t even do pole sit for 3 breaths) and I’m not flexible whatsoever. I feel stronger than before I started doing pole though.
    Should I keep doing the pole strength routine for beginners and some moves I can do for a couple more months until I can get the form right and gain more upper body and core strength before trying to do the moves that I can’t do? Is doing beginner routine for 2-3 months too long? Will it slow down my progress instead of helping? I feel like I don’t want to rush to the intermediate level yet.
    Thanks 🙂

Veena replied 4 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Jihaleh

January 19, 2020 at 11:53 am

You’re doing great! 🙂 First off though, slowww down lol. Walk before you can run!
    The important thing is do what is challenging, but stable and suitable. Don’t go throwing yourself around a pole and risk injuring yourself. Beginner level is a lot of strength work for a reason.
    Again, stick to challenging enough to motivate you, but not so hard you quit or so easy you don’t grow! find what works best for you 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    January 19, 2020 at 11:50 pm

Jihaleh has good advice!

For now if you want to go through the take off program again you can. If you find you enjoy planning your own workouts go for it. Or pick a warm up then 2 or 3 moves to work on for that day. Add in some strength or conditioning at least 2 times a week and you’re good to go. You could try out the 30 day flow program or 30 day flexibility program too!

Building strength takes time and learning these moves isn’t something that happens in a month. You’ll find your body will take to some moves faster than others.