StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Need help with a combo on spin!

• Need help with a combo on spin!

Posted by NVirginian on May 21, 2016 at 8:16 pm

Hi! I’m working on a routine for a competition and have another 40 seconds of a combo on spin to finish. Currently I have a few options and a piece at the end I need to finish but I am struggling trying to find a graceful way to come out of a move to climb once.

So, on spin aerial invert, Flatline, Allegra, Gemini, climb once, Vortex, drop to hugging knees. I simply cannot pull up to do a climb! Am I being ridiculous to think it can be done or does someone have a better idea? Should I straddle out of the Gemini and touch the floor for a hot second to climb or will judges not like that? I really need the Vortex and knee hug at the end but I can change the other part of the combo if it’s not too complicated LOL! Thanx in advance!

moonflower replied 7 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    May 21, 2016 at 8:58 pm

Can you make s video? Seeing visually is much easier for me than reading 🤓

• AllysonKendal

May 21, 2016 at 9:32 pm

If I’m picturing it correctly I think a side climb would be more natural and possibly easier there. 🙂

• NVirginian

May 22, 2016 at 12:19 pm

I will try to video it today. My goal is to get to the opposite side for the vortex. I’ve tried it on the other side many times but that elbow does not see to twist into it very well.

• AllysonKendal

May 22, 2016 at 12:51 pm

Well even if you side climb you’d have to come back to “center” because in side climb your top leg is in front of the pole and in vortex it’s behind… Could you throw a pencil in there? And maybe even an aerial body wave, then vortex? Or is that starting to get overly complicated?

• NVirginian

May 22, 2016 at 9:11 pm

I actually thought about doing a pencil. I’m going to try a few things when I go to the studio tonight. Thanx for the suggestions.

• NVirginian

May 23, 2016 at 1:55 am

Well, that didn’t work out so well. I think I might ditch the vortex even though I do it so well or maybe do it at the beginning. Funny how these things work out so much better in our heads!

• moonflower

May 23, 2016 at 1:58 am

You should post a video of the final combo! I would love to see how it turned out.