StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Name that pole

• Name that pole

Posted by Yayo on August 14, 2016 at 8:50 pm

There is a stage pole I saw that doesn’t have plates like XPole or Platinum. It’s like 4 or 6 legs that hold it. Does anyone know the name of this? And what do you think about it?

Yayo replied 7 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • NettieMarie79

August 14, 2016 at 8:52 pm

I’ve seen people get the xstage base frame, insert the Xpole stage pole of their choice, and use it without base plates.

• NettieMarie79

August 14, 2016 at 8:56 pm

I believe the people I’ve seen use Xpole base frames without the plates did so because it was either 1- only $375 for the frame without the plates and $125 for the pole individually, as opposed to $700 for the full set with the plates; and 2- because those plates are heavy to transport. And so is the base frame and the pole. Leaving the plates out or at home makes it a lot lighter

• Phoenix Hunter

August 14, 2016 at 9:03 pm

I think R pole looks like that. But it’s not sold in the U.S. I’m sure people them shipped here but it’s costly. But yes, look up R pole

• NettieMarie79

August 14, 2016 at 9:05 pm

I’d also like to state the only people I’ve ever seen use a stage base without plates are elite pole professionals that are extremely advanced and have been doing pole for years. They have a lot more strength, and a lot more controls of their momentum and body movement.

I would highly suggest that everyone, even the people I’ve seen use the stage frame without the plates, ALWAYS USE THE PLATES.

• Phoenix Hunter

August 14, 2016 at 9:06 pm

I haven’t tried an RPole but I have tried to use my xstage without the plates and it was absolutely useless. You’re stepping on giant metal bars. It’s painful and felt like you would break your toes. The Rpoles are probably designed flat so that you would not have those issues. Xstage is not meant to be used in that manner and it is very unstable that way as well.

• Yayo

August 14, 2016 at 9:35 pm

NettieMarie – I didn’t know that could even be done. Yes the plates are heavy and was looking for some more portable. This is good to know.

• Yayo

August 14, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Phoenix Hunter – Yes! This is it!! I remembered seeing this somewhere and couldn’t remember the name. It is expensive for such little it has. I wish XPole created something like this. I have a lite stage and I think you’re right.. Keep the plates. It’s to high and you might trip with the metals. Thanks for your help!!!

• NettieMarie79

August 14, 2016 at 9:55 pm

@Yayo – I’m not familiar with R-Poles. Looked them up. I have seen them on IG. Personally I would prefer the safety and stability of the Xstage you already have, and maintain use of it WITH the stage plates. I wouldn’t want to risk injury or worse from tipping, slipping, coming down on the frame, or any issues with the ground. XPole is already the best in the industry. Happy Poling.

• Amelia72

August 15, 2016 at 1:28 pm

I definitely wouldn’t feel safe on the Rpole, I felt my x stage lite had some wobbly days…

• Yayo

August 15, 2016 at 3:38 pm

Amelia72 -Yes, my Xpole lite was wobbling too but then I got use to it. Now I use it with my FabPole but there are certain tricks I will not do on it.

I saw some videos of R-Poles and the girl was doing all kinds of tricks on it and it didn’t look wobbly. I’m looking for something more portable, light weight and fast to assembly. I’m on the 4th floor and need to travel with my Xpole lite which is about 3 trips on 4 flights of stairs =O talk about a work out and it’s heavy!!