StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Moves that tone your butt

• Moves that tone your butt

Posted by Sassypants on July 10, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Hey everyone! (first post!!) https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

So I'm a pole newbie. I just finished an 8-week beginner series and am now continuing to work on my home pole. You could say I'm addicted. I fell asleep last night smiling and woke up smiling just thinking about pole…https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_heart1.gif sigh.

Anyway! Today I was able to do the inverted crucifix (hurray!! :D). While this is super exciting and I want to show it off to pretty much everyone, I can't help but watch the video of myself and feel a little less-than-thrilled with the way my butt looks. I mean… its just right there. For everyone to see. 

And you all have some glorious booties, if I may be so bold. Are there moves in particular you do to tone your glutes, both on and off the pole? I'd love to hear some input. Thanks, ladies (and gents)!

sophiajacob9906218 replied 5 years, 8 months ago 14 Members · 22 Replies
  • 22 Replies
  • polergirl

July 10, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Hooray, welcome to the (healthy!) addiction!

Squats. Hundreds of squats. Plie squats, regular squats, squats on tiptoe. 

Lunges are also great but I hate them so I avoid them.

Bridges and hamstring curls.

And I bet your tush is more thrilling than you think.  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

• Sassypants

July 10, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Hahaha. Maybe I am being a little hard on myself. I want my butt to be undeniably glorious, though! 😛

What are bridges and hamstring curls?

• polergirl

July 10, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Bridges: lie on your back, bring heels close to butt. Tuck pelvis under and squeeze butt to raise it off the floor. Shoulders stay on floor.

Hamstring curls can be done in all sorts of ways but basically you're bringing  your heel to your butt while applying resistance in the other direction. Machines at gym, resistance bands, swiss balls…. all can provide some variation of a hamstring curl.

Oh, another one–donkey kicks, at least that's what I call them. On all fours, keep foot flexed and push heel toward sky. Do set, then pulse, then another set, etc.

• ronia

July 10, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Well, if you want a firmer butt than you really chose the right type of exercise! 🙂 Pole dancing does wonders for the butt! I'm sure you'll notice the difference soon 🙂

• Desirae

July 10, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Stretching is also good. Bodynomics on Youtube, Buffie, she was so skinny, and she have no implants or shots and her butt is like whoa!!!! But I hear squats are a recurring one.

• keex

July 11, 2012 at 2:12 am

squats & lunges in all their forms & variations. pilates is great for the booty too!

• Lana Lee

July 11, 2012 at 9:03 am

I LOOOOOOOOVE doing bridges.  Not only does it tone you butt, it works out your lower back muscles!  It's the best kind of butt work out in my personal opinion.  You don't really do much but lie there….

• Keiloces

July 11, 2012 at 11:19 am

Also step ups! Put a chair infront of your pole and put one leg up on the chair and hold the pole for support (but don't use your arms) and step up and down, step up, and down. If you want to increase it, hold a kettle bell in one hand and the pole for support with the other hand and step up.

-Hope

http://aerialempowerment.com/aerial-store.html

• Sassypants

July 11, 2012 at 11:23 am

Great! Thanks for all the help, ladies!!

• PippiParnasse

July 12, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Kettlebell swings all the way!!! The difference in your body is noticeable after a short time. I also agree with bridges as described above. 🙂

• monica kay

July 13, 2012 at 10:36 am

i seriously despise lunges and squats… mostly because i kinda suck at doing them, no doubt because i never do them hahah

i was wondering if anyone thinks clentching the butt throughout the day would tone the glutes??? LIke when you are walking or standing or sitting… just clench the butt.  Would that be a way to tone that area???

also, does the superman tone the butt?

and- there's that ATL booty dvd… I'm thinking about getting it 🙂

https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/4ff9b20f-8208-444e-b484-57280ac37250

• Sassypants

July 13, 2012 at 10:43 am

"Who knows, girls, he may put a ring on it!"

Hahahaha. Well, thats one way to advertise, I guess! 😛

• poledanceromance

July 13, 2012 at 10:43 am

I definitely feel the superman in my glutes when I do Amber’s variation, it has an upswept back leg that’s basically tantamoun to doing a leg lift on the pole. And just climbing is good for legs and booty as well.

But I do firmly believe in doing boring old leg work: squats, abductor/adductor, calves, etc. I’ve found pole has always left my upper body and core sore, but I didn’t get the booty results I wanted until I specifically worked on my legs. I just don’t think most pole moves will do for the lower body what they do for the upper body, but doing the lower body workouts does definitely transfer back to pole and make a lot of things feel easier. I hate squats too, but I know they’re worth it. My last few videos all have comments about my butt asking me what I do, the answer is sadly squats.

• Saphyre

July 13, 2012 at 10:48 am

@Katana, I remember, many years ago reading an article about Sara Jessica Parker. She said she used to clench her glutes together when she was at a red light. She would hold the squeeze  until the light turned green. That always stuck with me, and on occassion I remember to do it. Funny.

• plumtwisty

July 13, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Well, this isn't pole, but… three words: brazil. butt. lift.   It's a set of beachbody workout videos… I think I did the "bum bum" workout once and couldn't feel my butt for a week.  it is incredibly effective!–I'm just kind of scared of it.  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Page 1 of 2