StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Mounting Issue

• Mounting Issue

Posted by nuffstyles20 on August 9, 2018 at 3:36 am

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is well.

So I have a problem, I would like some input on. I have a pole now, but I need to move it to a different space in my house in order to get practice in, as the old space was small, has no privacy, and others can just walk right into me during a move, or flow. The problem is, the new space has a vaulted ceiling with exposed rafters/beams, ( see the photo) and is over 11′ in height.

I want to get a permanent mount, because the dome won’t work, but I am unsure how I would go about setting it up. The rafter/beam in the middle is almost ideal in terms of placement, but its more likely the pole will have to be a little to the right to be centered in the room, and to avoid hitting into anything when spinning, but then it won’t be under a beam or stud as recommend.

To add to that ,the dimensions of the mount means it won’t fit on the rafter, so even if I didn’t mind it off centered, there’s still that tidbit to deal with.

Has anyone dealt with a situation like this before, how did you work it out, does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do. All help is appreciated. Thank you.

nuffstyles20 replied 5 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • StrangeFox

August 9, 2018 at 3:45 am

I haven’t done this personally, but a suggestion that was made to me when I had pole mounting issues was to securely fasten a board between two of the beams, and then install my pole on that board.

I’m drooling at the thought of 11′ ceilings! I have so much ceiling envy – lol! 🙂

• nuffstyles20

August 9, 2018 at 3:11 pm

Hi StrangeFox and thank for the reply. Don’t have envy, I probably won’t be going that high since I’m only just starting out again, I’ll be close to the floor for a while.

Hmmmmm sounds interesting, will look into that, but I thought there had to be some kind of support behind the mount, or is that only for the using the dome.

Also, can the photo I attached be seen. I can’t see it posted, and it think seeing it gives a better understanding of what I’m dealing with.

• polegramma

August 9, 2018 at 3:15 pm

With those high ceilings you can really style your pole climbs! It sounds like an amazing space; hoping for your success with mounting the pole.

• Veena

Administrator
    August 9, 2018 at 6:50 pm

The photo didn’t post for some reason. It would be helpful if we could see the joist 🙂

• nuffstyles20

August 10, 2018 at 1:18 am

not sure why. Trying again.

thumbnail_IMG_20180808_133940

• Webmaster

Administrator
    August 10, 2018 at 3:44 am

You will need a vaulted permanent mount and a piece of 2×8 lumber adequate to span your joists. Simply cut the 2×8 to span the two joists you would like to apan connect it to each joist then position your mount between them. You may want to double up the 2×8 for additional rigidity.

• nuffstyles20

August 11, 2018 at 1:08 am

I think the thicker wood, would give me a better peace of mind, and that’s a good suggestion about doubling up too.

Thanks so much.