StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Lyra Hoop Single point + handhoop

• Lyra Hoop Single point + handhoop

Posted by Yayo on August 11, 2016 at 2:39 pm

Is there any difference, besides extra tricks, you can do with a single point hand hoop vs just a single point?

Yayo replied 7 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • AllysonKendal

August 11, 2016 at 2:55 pm

I think its easier to rig a single point in low places 🙂

• Yayo

August 11, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Is there a big different in learning or just a bonus feature? I’m debating between the two.

Thanks AllysonKendal! Forgot about the extra space needed. I do have low ceilings.

• I polekat I

August 15, 2016 at 10:02 pm

I have never seen a lyra with a hand loop I’m any of the different places I have trained at, so I think it just gives an extra option for tricks. If you are stuck between loop/no loop i would say just go for it ! You could always tuck it out the way when you don’t want to use it I don’t think it would be in the way too much. OOOHH I just checked online, looks like you can get removable ones !!!! Ok now I want one hahaha 😉

• Yayo

August 15, 2016 at 10:21 pm

PoleKat- you’re so funny!! I decided not to buy the hoop on the physical Lyra because of the height I have to work with. But when I get higher ceilings I will. 😉

I did buy the foot/hand loop instead. That way I can take it off when I want but can do similar trips.

• Mechie

September 19, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Any here use removeable hand/foot loop on a 2 point lyra?? Or can you?? I like the 2 point Lyra but I tried my friend’s hand loop the other day (single point) and it was SO much fun!!

• Yayo

September 19, 2016 at 10:15 pm

Hi Mechie! I have it for a single Lyra. Never tried it on a double but I don’t see why not. Except you’ll have to play attention since one side will have more weight so the Lyra might shift is the only thing I can think of. Or place it in the middle of both hoops and you’ll be fine.