StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Lower ceilings

• Lower ceilings

Posted by JorgiB on December 7, 2018 at 6:36 pm

Hi I have recently bought an 45mm xpert, I have two rooms to use it in, standard 2450mm ceiling height and a lower ceiling of 2100mm. Is it safe to use extension to replace the B pole in the lower room, as the A and B pole together are literally 5-10cm to long with the dome. Any help appreciated 😊

Veena replied 5 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • amelia2000

December 7, 2018 at 8:12 pm

It’s safe to use a shorter pole extension, but why would you want to if you can use the other room?

I had my xpert up for about 4 months under a ceiling which was 2m. Hated it. Tbf the ceiling was also sloped so I had to be careful on spinning not to hit my head. I felt like I couldn’t do loads of moves because of the height, and the screws at the bottom scratched my feet if I climbed from a kneeling position. Particularly as the xpert can spin quite fast, I personally need to be able to climb a bit to lose the spin before doing moves (and I love climbing).

• JorgiB

December 7, 2018 at 11:07 pm

Hi, thank you for your response 😊 the pole is mainly in the living room, half decent height and plenty of room, def the main space to pole.
    But I have two teenage sons and other half, in the evening they like to chill out, put a film on etc, that’s why the lower (ceiling)room is ideal 😊 when I’m on a good one I can keep going.
    I can still practise certain moves. I don’t expect it to be the best practise area. I just wanted some advice if I could switch the B pole to a slightly smaller extension.
    Bloody men and kids 🙄

• Veena

Administrator
    December 8, 2018 at 12:27 am

Yes, you can use a shorter piece to make it work. Just make sure you don’t have to over extend the screw to tighten the pole. 😁

• JorgiB

December 8, 2018 at 1:43 am

Hi thanks for your reply 😊 do you know the measurements heights wise for the fixed mounts? I looked on xpole uk today but couldn’t find exact measurements for them. I was looking at the white round mount, would ideally have these in both rooms. When the boys start moaning or trying to join in lol it seems a much easier get away with the fixed mounts.

• Veena

Administrator
    December 8, 2018 at 2:01 am

The fixed mount is wonderful! I don’t know the numbers off hand tho