StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Light up shoe won’t light up anymore!

• Light up shoe won’t light up anymore!

Posted by poleclimber on May 25, 2012 at 6:20 am

I am so mad!  One of my light up shoes no longer lights up!  I hardly wear them.  I cannot return to Lover's Lane as I did buy them February, and they have a strict no return policy (for obvious reasons).  Can these be fixed at all?  Anybody know?

acarlton8739 replied 6 years ago 6 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Layla Duvay

May 25, 2012 at 7:02 am

I’ve got the same problem with one of mine– thanks for starting this!

• chemgoddess1

May 25, 2012 at 7:34 am

I know that Mary Ellyn had issues with one of her shoes but I cannot remember what she did or did not do to fix it.

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer to see if they have any suggestions?

• Elektra Vallens

May 25, 2012 at 9:25 am

1) Can you replace the battery?  Look under the heel pad to see if there's a mess of electronics with two coin cell batteries (type probably either 2025 or 2032).  Remove said batteries (posssibly with needlenose pliers) and replace them. You can buy replacement batteries at a drugstore.

2) If you've tried putting in new batteries but it stil isn't lighting up it's because the connection is weak.  A few things you can try are to remove the batteries then try squeezing the metal battery holder flatter and retry.  If that still doesn't work, consider putting something in the recess of the shoe where the battery goes to push it together.  I put two pennies underneath each of the battery holders and that was enough to push the connections together when I'm wearing them.

3) See me blog about making your own light up shoes; the ones sold on the market are pretty crappy.

• Caitlin Gutteridge

July 12, 2016 at 9:27 pm

just put your sole of your shoe check the wires and if you find a loose white cap clip it to the white clip

• acarlton8739

April 10, 2018 at 12:57 am

my shoes are not even charging anymore