StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Landing spins on spinning pole

• Landing spins on spinning pole

Posted by Emilywellsperritt on March 5, 2018 at 2:36 am

The studio I belong to only has static poles, so I’m trying to learn spinning tricks on my own pole at home. My biggest issue I have right now is how to land or step out of the spins on the spinning pole! I’ve searched for good tutorial that addresses it, but haven’t found one yet. Ideas, anyone?😀

Veena replied 6 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    March 5, 2018 at 7:06 am

I don’t think I have one specific tutorial for that but have you looked at the static spin lessons here? At the end I demonstrate spinning pole technique for each spin as well. I have spinning pole help in the bonus lesson pole section too. I can be found towards the end.

• Emilywellsperritt

March 6, 2018 at 2:58 am

Thank you, Veena! I have looked at many of your spin tutorials, and they are great. I seem to just be developmentally delayed when it comes to landing and transitioning spinning pole moves. So I was hoping to get some really specific help with that. It’s especially challenging for me because I haven’t had any live classes in spinning pole. Tutorials are awesome, but sometimes I need a live person!

• Veena

Administrator
    March 6, 2018 at 4:43 am

Do you have a video of what you’re having trouble with? I’m not sure I understand completely what you’re looking for?

• Emilywellsperritt

March 7, 2018 at 2:38 am

Thanks! I’ll upload something when I get a chance, Veena. I just tried to upload my video from the PSO competition in Florida last August (Level 1, Grand Master), but the file is too big. It’s really clear in that video how awkward my spinning pole technique is. Since then I’ve actually avoided taking video of myself on my spinning pole because I’m so frustrated with it.

• Veena

Administrator
    March 7, 2018 at 5:43 am

Feel free to give me a shout when you upload something.