StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Knee pain

• Knee pain

Posted by shellygiddley134403 on July 7, 2019 at 2:23 am

Hello . I have been pole dancing for about four years now. I have been concerned about my knees for a long time I suppose since I know the issues that some have . I want to take care of my body so I hope someone can help. So on monday I went into work like normal. I noticed my left knee felt odd ever since I woke up but thought nothing of it. Throughout the day , i had been doing alot of floor work. I noticed my knee getting worse but by that time i was almost done with my shift. It got to the point where bending down was painful and putting pressure on my left leg hurt. I felt around the top of my knee and it hurt. almost like a bruise but i didn’t bruise it. Infact, before monday i Had several days off from work with not problems. when i came home it was painful to bend my left knee. the pain lasted the next day and then died down. I was hoping to get some advice on here instead of going straight to a doctor. By the way, there was no swelling that i noticed on the knee. my fiance suggested that I slept on it wrong but I don’t know how since i have never had this problem before.

davidlynchmeetsxpole replied 4 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • shellygiddley134403

July 7, 2019 at 2:30 am

I see they sell knee pads but I don’t think that’s very sexy on stage, since i mostly do floor work AT work. I was wondering if there is some way to protect them or simple at home exercises i could do. I suppose i could possibly wear them under socks…but…I don’t think so lol.

• Veena

Administrator
    July 7, 2019 at 10:08 pm

If you’re doing floorwork, knee pads can be a life saver! I never practice floor stuff without them, and tons of dancers use them for performances too. Check out her knee pads https://beeskneeskneepads.com/ Mighty grip sells some too.

• davidlynchmeetsxpole

July 16, 2019 at 6:40 pm

Hey! I’m also poling for 4 years. I have very similar symptoms in my right knee for over a year. Over the time the pain went away so I can bend it normally, but the top of the knee is still extremely sensitive to any type of pressure. I did some research. I think what I have is knee bursitis. So I went to Kaiser last week and did some X-Rays. Still waiting on the official diagnosis, but the doctor mentioned that a cortisone shot might be needed to fix that… Hope your knee gets better!!