StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions January IG challenge 2018

• January IG challenge 2018

Posted by Veena on December 29, 2017 at 4:05 pm

Hi guys! 👋The challenge for the month of January is flow! NO POLE is used so ANYONE can play along! This is a 4 week challenge with random drawings to WIN a pair of super cool @kupmykakez 🍑 or a pair of epic @auraheels 👠! ➡️ Head over to my IG profile or FB page to see a demo clip of these super cool heels!

🎉Here’s how it works:

🎉Each week for 6 days, I’ll post a demo of a move to work on. The 7th day, I’ll post a mini routine using all 6 moves we learned earlier in the week!

🎉Each week will focus on a different way to work on flow.
    -Week 1 is Floor work
    -Week 2 is Chair work
    -Week 3 is grounded work (moves that you can do while standing)
    -Week 4 is flexibility work to help with flow. The last week will not have a routine at the end.💜

🎉All levels are welcome. Submit photos or videos.

Here’s how to play:

-🎉SHARE this post to your followers (profile must be public to qualify for prizes)
    -‎
    -‎🎉FOLLOW @studioveena @auraheels @kupmykakez
    -‎
    -‎🎉TAG some friends in this post
    -‎
    -‎🎉 HASHTAG #januaryveenaflow EACH time you post.

The more days you can post the higher your odds are of winning the drawing!

💜If you DO have access to a pole, check out my Nailed it 30 day flow program for more tips! The 30 day flow program covers how to connect movements, increases strength and control of movement along with improving flexibility and lines! Feel free to start the flow program while participating in this challenge.💜

Always warm up before recording and do the best you can, it doesn’t need to be perfect 💜

Week 1 – Floor work
    Day 1 Sexy pike
    Day 2 Inverted Floor Split
    Day 3 Shoulder roll
    Day 4 Floor body wave
    Day 5 Hip bumps
    Day 6 Flip split
    Day 7 routine

Week 2 – Chair work
    Day 8 Top sit
    Day 9 Wiper legs to fan legs
    Day 10 layback to leg show
    Day 11 stand up to top plank
    Day 12 shoulder rest
    Day 13 lying chair split
    Day 14 chair routine

Week 3 – Grounded work
    Day 15 Toe drags
    Day 16 Cross steps
    Day 17 Hip waves
    Day 18 hip circles
    Day 19 kicks
    Day 20 Body wave
    Day 21 Routine

Week 4 – Flexibility work
    Day 22 Flowmotion Lower body
    Day 23 lying V
    Day 24 Standing pike (against wall)
    Day 25 Seated twist
    Day 26 Dynamic down dog
    Day 27 camel stretch
    Day 28 no routine

Misti Hurrikane replied 6 years, 2 months ago 7 Members · 36 Replies
  • 36 Replies
  • StrangeFox

December 30, 2017 at 12:11 am

This couldn’t have come at a better time. I have actually made it my new years pole resolution to work on flow and floorwork. I also want to learn more spin pole and how to dance in heels so this is very helpful. I LOVE the aura heels. What size are they?

Definitely going to check out the flow program, too! 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    December 30, 2017 at 12:42 am

My aura heels are 7.5 in height. Foot size is 7.

• Neesy118

December 30, 2017 at 5:17 am

I’m excited for this!!

• Veena

Administrator
    December 31, 2017 at 4:33 am

I’ll upload the first demo tomorrow!!!

• Sbixby25786050

January 1, 2018 at 10:07 am

Happy New Year!!! I can’t wait to get started with this!!

• StrangeFox

January 2, 2018 at 4:14 am

YES! Added my first post for the IG challenge! Hope I did everything right… Those sexy pikes are a nemesis of mine, but I was thrilled to discover I could even sort of do them considering I couldn’t get them at all when I last tried them (while working on the invert program a few months ago). Can’t wait to learn more and see what else I’m capable of! Thanks for this fun challenge, Veena!

• Veena

Administrator
    January 2, 2018 at 4:26 am

Yay fox!

Everyone feel free to mention your IG name here so others can follow if you like!

• StrangeFox

January 2, 2018 at 5:00 am

Thanks Veena!
    Mine is: x_ceej_x. I’m pretty new to IG!
    Also…Veena – I tagged a couple of people in the original post, but no one on my re-post. Should I also tag folks in my re-post?

• Veena

Administrator
    January 2, 2018 at 3:20 pm

Did you watch the lessons for those 2?

• Veena

Administrator
    January 3, 2018 at 3:13 am

For both the biggest thing is practice!!! For the leg waves make sure the motion isn’t ONLY coming from the knees. There’s motion from the hip as well creating an up and down motion as you bend and straighten the knee. For the inverted floor split…start with a tuck then start to extend from there.

• StrangeFox

January 3, 2018 at 4:44 am

NettieMarie79 – your floor jade is gorgeous and I love the sweepy leg movements you do before you get into it! Mine just looks like a Picasso painting (never done this one before and I don’t yet have my full splits!) 🙂

Veena – thanks for making a challenge that encourages floor work practice! For me it’s a very neglected part of pole.

• Misti Hurrikane

January 3, 2018 at 8:35 pm

A big “thank you” for the Challenge, Veena. I am a total beginner and have never, ever taken “pole” videos, let alone posted them on IG daily. I am already learning so much and am really enjoying all the practice at things I have never done before. I also LOVE seeing everyone else’s videos. misti_moving on IG.

• Misti Hurrikane

January 4, 2018 at 3:48 am

Thanks so much, @NettieMarie79.

• Veena

Administrator
    January 4, 2018 at 10:04 pm

I did a fb live all about body waves. I think I shared it to the fb group too! I get the link for the video off fb friends my phone 😓

• Veena

Administrator
    January 5, 2018 at 12:38 am

Yep 👍

Page 1 of 3