StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Jamilla Mount (Thigh Rest V) to Jasmine (Shooting Star) Combo?

• Jamilla Mount (Thigh Rest V) to Jasmine (Shooting Star) Combo?

Posted by Goat on a Pole on November 27, 2016 at 12:21 am

Hello Brain Trust!

So we’re working on a combination in my pole class that seems to be absolutely thwarting me. I will try to post video but for now I thought I’d see if people have any suggestions.

We’re going from a Jamilla ankle mount (so on Studio Veena a thigh rest V where the top ankle is hooked on the pole), hook into a knee pit grip on the upper leg and then out into a Jasmine (shooting star on Studio Veena). Hopefully that makes sense!

I’m finding I don’t have the right balance (strength? maybe? flexibility? maybe?) where I feel like my upper hand is “glued to the pole” and gets hung up on my knee and I get all tangled and then slowly exit to the floor… haha. I feel like I can’t take my top hand off before my knee is secure, but I can’t get my knee secure until my hand is out of the way! It’s like a catch-22.. I can do a jasmine from a gemini comfortably, so I’m familiar with the hip thrusting out movement.

If anyone has done this combo I would love to see a video! Otherwise I’ll play with it this week hopefully and maybe end up with a successful video myself, haha.

Goat on a Pole replied 7 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Phoenix Hunter

November 27, 2016 at 4:38 am

I will try it tomorrow when I pole. I have done this before – if I’m understanding it correctly. for me , I have to lean very very far to the side in my jamilla. To where I am almost inverted. You slide your bottom hand(trigger finger grip hand) far down the pole. This allows your body to almost be inverted .when you get this position you don’t need the top hand . You can actually take it off the pole and still be secure. This allows you to hook your leg into jasmine. I will make a video tomorrow. But yes, I think leaning to the side helps. Your whole upper body needs to lower with the bottom hand.

• Phoenix Hunter

November 27, 2016 at 4:47 am

I just reposted a video where I do this transition. It is titled : showcase video

• Goat on a Pole

December 1, 2016 at 5:06 am

Thank you! Watching your video and your tip on leaning down the pole helped immensely! Something clicked in my head about feeling more push-pull between my bottom trigger hand and my thigh so I am able to take that top hand off now! I think getting the knee where it needs to go gracefully will be the next step, but overall my jamilla is looking a lot more graceful with that new angle. It’s weird being “inverted” without my legs around the pole!!

Thanks for the tip, will post video when I practice at home this week. 🙂