StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Issue with aligning x pole

• Issue with aligning x pole

Posted by Sprocket on March 31, 2018 at 9:56 pm

Hi, I recently bought an x-pole x pert. I align the red vertical line with the key hole on the adjuster cover; but after I do some spins it slips and is no longer aligned.

Any ideas on how to solve this? Did I do something wrong?

I’m so excited about having a pole in my house, and can’t wait to get spinning!!!

Sprocket replied 6 years ago 5 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • LaSiren

April 1, 2018 at 2:11 am

Maybe a silly question, but are the three screw things (the xpole manual calls them “adjuster locking hex screws”) all screwed in tightly? To set the pole to spin mode, you use the two hex screws at the base of the pole, not the three screws that are higher up. (Again, sorry if i’m just restating what you already know. I found this confusing when i set up my pole for the first time, because i was used to dancing on a different brand of pole previously.)

• Veena

Administrator
    April 1, 2018 at 3:11 am

Yes, make sure all screw are tight…but don’t strip them! If it still moving maybe taking a photo for us might help?

• Sprocket

April 1, 2018 at 7:30 am

I have tightened all the screws and it actually becomes un aligned as I tighten them. See it’s a little off. Now I’m actually concerned I’m doing them too tight!

• Veena

Administrator
    April 1, 2018 at 8:44 pm

On some of my other older poles the alignment is off slightly once fully tightened. I’d say if it doesn’t move anymore it’s fine.

• Sprocket

April 1, 2018 at 9:13 pm

It is brand new though. I decided the same though, it’s probably ok. It has moved a bit.

I messaged pole x to see if they had anything to suggest.

• Allison Erin

April 2, 2018 at 3:13 am

My pole is the same way–has been since I got it in December. I’ve tried redoing it a bunch of times, and it always slides just a little bit off to the same exact spot and then doesn’t move from there. So I also just assumed it was fine! Haha.

• Sprocket

April 2, 2018 at 9:20 am

Great! That makes me feel allot better.

I’m actualy a maker and work with lots of engineers and me and a friend both looked at it and decided it was fine. I took the screws out and I can see it’s still lining up with a flat bit.

Thanks for the support!

• Nat

April 8, 2018 at 10:21 am

Mine does exactly the same. I was worried about it but it’s not moving so I just left it x

• Sprocket

April 21, 2018 at 5:59 pm

I spoke to X-pole, and they said as long as the screws are correctly tightened, and it does not move any more, it is fine. =)