StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Is it possible to leave Xstage outside in summer?

• Is it possible to leave Xstage outside in summer?

Posted by amelia2000 on April 25, 2020 at 2:43 pm

Anyone know if you can leave an xstage base outside under a plastic sheet or so in summer? Obviously I’d take in the pole part.

Or do you guys set it up from scratch everytime you take yours outside? I find the base itself too heavy and bulky to carry in and out while set up…

amelia2000 replied 3 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Colleen Larson

April 25, 2020 at 4:52 pm

When I use my XStage pole, I set it up and take it down every time. It’s a pain-in-the-ass, but I don’t want anything to happen to it.

• Veena

Administrator
    April 25, 2020 at 8:52 pm

Hi! I have left mine outside and covered the stage with a camping tarp that cinches up around it. I found a circular water proof one that worked great. I put a towel in the open hole where the pole goes, just to keep dust and bugs out. I wouldn’t suggest it if you get a lot of rain though…I did this in the summer months in CA as that’s the dry season. You will get rust if it gets moisture.

• RoMo

April 26, 2020 at 8:10 am

Has anyone tried to pole on a balcony? I live on the fourth floor and I usually pole in the living room, but it means moving too much furniture. I’ve thought of putting my pole outside, on our balcony, but I have a fear of flying off the balcony… A fourth floor fall doesn’t seem too sympathetic. 😛 Am I just being too paranoid?

• Colleen Larson

April 27, 2020 at 2:18 am

Trust your instincts. If you have a fear of flying off the balcony, trust that fear.

• Veena

Administrator
    April 27, 2020 at 3:57 am

I would be scared lol

• quancutie23

April 27, 2020 at 9:40 am

Be careful of weirdos. Dont attract unwanted attention

• RoMo

April 27, 2020 at 9:54 am

Hi @quancutie23

Thanks for the concern, but I’m not afraid of weirdos. Because of the unique topology of Haifa (Israel), my balcony looks onto the Carmel mountains and despite being inside of the city, the nearest buildings that I see are so far away, they have to be using binoculars to see me. And if they are using binoculars to watch my balcony, let them enjoy the view! 😉 I’m constantly going outside in my bra and undies, anyway. I think more of my skin would be covered while I pole! 😀

But yeah, I know I probably wouldn’t fly off the balcony, but I think I’ll keep poling inside, even though it requires more setup…

Thanks

• amelia2000

April 28, 2020 at 7:00 am

@veena thanks!
    We do have long periods of no rain in summer, and I think it would only be a few days at a time anyway.