StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Invert on Spin pole

• Invert on Spin pole

Posted by KseniaS on November 27, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Hi this question is for Veena.
    Would it be possible for you to make a lesson on how to invert on spin pole? Also, any conditioning exercises that you think would be beneficial for learning this skill?
    I have done it a couple times but had great difficulty controlling it and freaked out a little when I was upside down and spinning out of control. But, I really want to learn this and would LOVE your help.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Athena30 replied 5 years, 5 months ago 6 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    November 27, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Have you taken a look at this lesson? Spinning pole tips. https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/4f7311e1-1410-4981-8097-7a4a0ac37250

• KseniaS

November 27, 2014 at 8:44 pm

Yep I watched that video! I just need some more instruction regarding inverting on spin mode.

• Lina Spiralyne

November 28, 2014 at 2:28 am

If you were “spinning out of control” you need to start with less speed. You really don’t need much momentum to get a spin when you are inverting from the ground. Or is it an aerial invert you’re talking about?

• Rachel Osborne

November 28, 2014 at 6:18 am

Lucca’s video https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/53e07804-9adc-4986-a4c6-6f080a9aa0eb is a really clear visual tutorial of a spin invert if you’re a visual learner. See how she pole holds and tilts diagonally then tucks up tips back and unfolds? That’s the basic spin invert right there, done simply and beautifully: she then moves into a leg hang and then increases the spin by a. Tucking in and B. Bringing legs nearer to pole – opening up a move by extending an arm or leg speeds you up, bringing legs or arms in speeds you, as Veena explains in her spin pole tutorial.

So if you want to air invert on spin, don’t go into a basic invert and bring legs/ankles to pole because yes, you will speed up! Go into a straddle/V/chopper and then a leg hang or whatever you want.

• KseniaS

November 29, 2014 at 3:35 am

Thanks Tropicalpole!

• Tamarinda

November 30, 2014 at 9:30 pm

I’m still struggling with this and I don’t have enough strength or control on spin yet. I’m no expert but here is what I have gathered so far in my ‘research’… Hopefully it can be of use. In both Veena’s tuck spin and hold spin lessons (in the intermediate section) she says both spins can transition into an ariel invert on spin. It’s similar to the grip Lucca uses in her gorgeous invert. I have been working on holding those and gaining strength to feel confident in those spins. It’s tougher than it looks.

Also MissDirdyBirdy has an ariel invert video (video #29) that has a lot of tips for spinny inverts and shows a lot of those techniques in motion and slowly. She also offers strengthening tips at the end for that particular move.

All this ‘research’… Sigh… I wish I could afford a class. lol. Good luck, I hope that helps with your current nemesis.

• KseniaS

November 30, 2014 at 10:57 pm

Oh my gosh thank you so much Tamarinda! I actually love watching Dirdy Birdy dance but I didn’t know she had online video tutorials. I’m going to start working on this for sure. I’m definitely in the same boat as you and am working on building the strength and confidence on spin mode. Best of luck to you in your journey, let me know how you progress!

• Athena30

November 26, 2018 at 12:48 am

Can someone watch my video and tell me what I might be doing wrong? I keep telling out of my aerial spin inverts. Thanks

• Veena

Administrator
    November 26, 2018 at 2:53 am

I don’t see a video, did you share a link?

• Athena30

November 26, 2018 at 6:08 pm

It’s in my profile. I don’t know how to include a link