• Invert

Posted by PandaMommy on October 16, 2018 at 10:17 am

I still can’t invert after 9 months of doing pole. How can I get there? Is the V/chopper the best beginner invert or is the caterpillar?

LatinPoler replied 5 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    October 17, 2018 at 3:40 am

The v chopper isn’t a good beginner option for inverting. Using a controlled sweeping of the leg is a good way to start. Here’s an old video I made talking about controlled momentum https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/563bfbbc-ff34-4ddc-a13d-4865ac110089 A caterpillar or at least the caterpillar I know, is done after you invert so I’m not sure about that part of the question, unless you’re referring to using a reverse handstand to get into caterpillar?

Have you tried any programs yet? I’ve got a 30 day invert program that can help! It provides you with 30 days of exercises, drills and training tips for the invert specifically. https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view_category/Nailed_It_Pole_Programs

One last thing to remember, there isn’t a time line of when someone should be able to invert or do certain moves. It will all depend on how often you train, moves like inverts require consistent poling and your previous background can affect how quickly you move along in pole. There are tons of fun thing you can do without ever inverting 🙂

• LatinPoler

October 22, 2018 at 10:21 pm

By caterpillar I guess you mean basic invert. That position can be easier but in my opinion, a little intimidating at first if you are not used to being upside down. I would recommend the “ball invert”, that it’s like a chopper/V invert but you actually invert with your legs tuck, and once your hips are over your head, you extend the legs. Once you master this (on both sides!) you can start trying one leg straight, one leg bent, then two legs straight (V invert). But I would not obsess with straight legs because personally I think the “ball invert” looks better than a V invert with micro bent legs. Do conditioning drills like knee tucks and leg pikes in a side pole hole position, 5 per side of each after your warm up in every pole session. Being able to invert is mostly a matter of overall strength – not only core but also legs and upper body.