StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Intro to Lisa

• Intro to Lisa

Posted by lisankazarian6134 on August 18, 2018 at 7:55 am

Hey, I’m Lisa and I’m new to here! Glad there are supportive communities like this, especially for someone who’s grown a little doubtful like me. Okay, first off, I am a trans female, which I’m not sure if there are any trans woman pole dancers, maybe there are and I just don’t know. Would this hold me back in any way? Should I still try if I really do want to?
    And what do you recommend as far as getting started goes?

Veena replied 5 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • StrangeFox

August 18, 2018 at 4:10 pm

Hello and welcome! I’m sure there are a ton of trans female polers out there. 🙂 Pole is for everyone and I can see no reason being trans female should hold you back in any way. From what I’ve experienced the pole community is super supportive. At the studio I attend they even have a policy that allows trans students to use whichever washroom they feel most comfortable in. I think because pole was at one point heavily taboo and stigmatized, the community that has grown around it has become more accommodating and accepting than most. If you really want to pole…I’d say: go for it! Best decision I’ve ever made for my mental and physical health. 🙂

As for getting started, the lessons on here are wonderful if you have your own pole at home, and there’s even a program tailored towards students who have never touched a pole (the 30 Day Take Off – which helped me build a solid foundation). I’d also recommend looking for a studio in your area and asking if you can drop in on a class.

Hope that helps!

• gina g

August 19, 2018 at 12:15 am

Hi Lisa, and welcome 🙂
    Of course you should be here!
    Something has drawn you here to pole … and that means it’s worth pursuing. xx

All of us have our reasons and challenges for taking this on.
    For me, it is my age. And those voices in my head try to stop me every time.
    But I was so tired of the small *box* everyone has always fitted me into …
    I’ve only been dancing for a few short months, but I know it helps me feel healthier, stronger and happier. More confident. – no matter what others may think of me, or my decision to dance.
    … I don’t think our thoughts about age or gender should stop either of us – is that a Deal? 🙂

I am too new on the scene to know if there are other transgender dancers, but perhaps you could search out someone online to inspire you? Aunt Google does seem to know everything!
    There may be someone you can look to when you feel hesitant, to inspire you to keep going.
    Perhaps they will be transgender, perhaps not.
    And perhaps it will be YOU inspiring others in a few years or months! 🙂
    … and everyone here can say we knew you at the very start.

I’m currently starting with the 30 day take off.
    And I have a YouTube playlist of pole dancers to inspire me on those days I feel a bit unsure of myself. They remind me why I’m here, and my goals of wanting to move with confidence and grace and sensuality.

I look forward to supporting you in your journey sweetheart.
    g. xx

• bigkitty1

August 19, 2018 at 11:56 pm

Welcome!! All I can say is that you will love it!

• Veena

Administrator
    August 20, 2018 at 1:48 am

Pole is for everyone and studioveena is too!

I’m not sure about who’s transgender in the world of pole, I don’t really follow the stars too much. There very well could be! Either way you will have a blast and remember that it’s your journey so don’t compare, just enjoy. Pole can be fun even if you never pass beginner level, it’s about building strength, expressing yourself and having fun!