StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Installing a Frame-less Mirror on an Uneven Wall?

• Installing a Frame-less Mirror on an Uneven Wall?

Posted by StrangeFox on June 26, 2017 at 12:30 am

I’m not sure if this question really goes here, but it’s about assembling my pole room so maybe some of you ladies that are more handy than I am can give me some suggestions. 🙂

I have a large (36 in x 48 in), frame-less mirror I would like to install in my pole room. The problem is that the wall is not flat. There is a ridge sticking out of the middle of it about 1 inch thick and I need the mirror to sit over top of this ridge. I was told I would need to affix two 2×4’s (one for the bottom of the mirror, one for the top) to the wall and then mount the mirror to those. I am not a big fan of this idea as it’s going to look really, really ugly. Anyone else have to install a frame-less mirror over an uneven surface? If so, how did you do it?

AllysonKendal replied 6 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • AllysonKendal

June 27, 2017 at 3:33 pm

I don’t know if I’d mount it against 2×4. This would leave a lot of the mirror unsupported. If someone was to trip into the mirror or lean against it, it could crack.

Is it the wall in your pics/videos? Is it the chairrail that’s the issue? I’d remove the portion behind the mirror. I’ve installed and taken down chairrail and trim and stuff and it’s pretty easy. You can save the piece incase you want to put it back. Then you can just use woodputty to seal the seams 🙂

• StrangeFox

June 28, 2017 at 1:02 am

Yep! It’s the wall in my pics/vids (I’ve added an image of it here). Actually, that is not a bad idea. I think removing the chairrail (I had no idea that was what it was called!) would be far less damaging than nailing the 2x4s to the wall and a lot safer, as well. I could so see myself crashing into that mirror, and to be honest I was a little concerned about that, too …lol! Thanks a bunch! 🙂

• StrangeFox

July 15, 2017 at 10:48 pm

This is what I wound up doing in my pole room with that mirror and the chair rail. I’ve never touched a power tool in my life, but now thanks to pole I know how to find studs, how to cut chair rail off of a wall, and how to hang mirrors/pictures/lights. 😀

• AllysonKendal

July 15, 2017 at 11:13 pm

#badass! You go girl!