StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Installed my new x-pole – Question about safety

• Installed my new x-pole – Question about safety

Posted by StrangeFox on May 9, 2017 at 4:12 am

I just installed my new x-pole and took a couple of spins on it, as well as a rather pathetic climb. 🙂 It’s still covered in grease, so I’ll have to pick up some cleaning solution tomorrow to get that stuff off. Any recommendations or does rubbing alcohol and water work ok?

Also, I was wondering if it’s OK for the red horizontal line on the adjuster to be exposed (see my photo). Is that safe? The instruction manual seems to say it’s safe as long as the o-ring isn’t exposed and I haven’t exposed any of the o-ring.

I don’t have the greatest confidence in my ability to install anything other than software, so I’m quite nervous to use my new pole and totally chickened out of my first fireman spin today. 😀 Hopefully in time I’ll learn to trust it! I tried my best to find a joist in the popcorn ceiling, and I think I got one but I’m not sure I’m precisely in the middle of it. Phew…that was a challenge!

Veena replied 6 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • TaraLee

May 9, 2017 at 5:57 am

Just use rubbing alcohol and water… I wouldn’t use any chemicals for fear of damaging the finish. Occasionally I will get my steam blaster.

• Kash Marketing

May 9, 2017 at 8:50 pm

Hey @StrangeFox – as long as the O-Ring is not exposed, you are all good. Judging by the picture you have uploaded, that should be no problem. Some alcohol or X-Clean would be good to get your pole all cleaned.

• StrangeFox

May 11, 2017 at 2:22 am

Awesome! Thanks for your replies TaraLee and Kash. I was able to get most of the gook off and use my pole, but tonight I had bit of a scare with it. I was doing chair spin and the first couple were OK, but my X-Pole dome slid across the ceiling!!! I had the darned thing tight enough that I could climb up on it and hang from it, spin, etc… How did it get loose? I do periodically check it. I have popcorn ceilings, if that helps, and although it’s hard to tell I do think I have it under a joist (stud-finder lit up like a pinball machine so I had to do the ol’ tap and guess, as well as using a light fixture as my guide).

Honestly, I’m quite leery of the dome/pressure install. I’ve had to tighten it a lot. I’m thinking of getting the permanent ceiling fixture. Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone else needed to constantly re-adjust their X-Pole? 🙁

• Veena

Administrator
    May 11, 2017 at 4:56 am

I’ve never had that problem it seems odd. I would guess it’s not under a joist. However, I do LOVE my permanent mount, it’s so worth it! I have 2! It makes putting your pole up so fast and it wont move on you!

• StrangeFox

May 12, 2017 at 12:27 am

Thanks Veena! I thought maybe it’s not under a joist, so I checked again tonight. There’s a hole in my ceiling (I think the previous owner was having issues finding a joist – lol!) and I measured out and felt around with the stud finder, which is lighting up so much ’cause it’s finding electrical wires too. I am pretty sure it is under a joist, but if it slips again I might re-arrange my poling room so my pole is under the joist I can see through the hole in the ceiling. I think maybe it wasn’t as tight as it should have been.

I did order the permanent mount because I think it just looks so slick and I’d love to have the extra support. Despite the slippage, I still love my new pole. 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    May 12, 2017 at 12:37 am

Yay!!