StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Installation with plank(s)?

• Installation with plank(s)?

Posted by amelia2000 on May 25, 2020 at 10:21 am

Hi!
    We have electricians rewiring the living room which is my usual pole room and they aren’t coming back til Thursday so I want to set my pole up in the basement which has a low ceiling. I have various extensions BUT my pole won’t twist in all the way, and I suspect it doesn’t twist out all the way. Think it twists max 5cm in total.

So I’m wondering about the stability of the pole if we wedge a plank of wood in at the top/bottom? Could we wedge two planks? Would this be safe? As the ceiling is concrete and it’s not going to be a permanent pole room (ceiling height is max 2m, maybe even lower) we can’t really screw the planks into the ceiling…

What do you guys think? It’s literally only a couple of centimetres that are missing when the a pole is fully extended, but the small plank doesn’t add enough height, the thick plank adds too much. I’ve tried with a variety of extensions, but the limited extension of the a pole doesn’t make it any easier. Or the pole is too long.

Summary: is it safe to wedge two planks in without them being screwed to the ceiling? Could you place the pole onto a brick at the bottom, is that safe?

Veena replied 3 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    May 25, 2020 at 8:31 pm

I have seen people install a pole like that but I can’t say if it’s a good idea…🤷‍♀️ I’ve been in this “sooo close” situation before and it’s frustrating. My husband has cut out part of the ceiling (we rent and will have to patch it soon lol) or I’ve just not put it up.

• amelia2000

May 28, 2020 at 7:01 pm

Thanks for your insight!
    Unfortunately the ceiling is concrete as it’s the basement, so can’t do much there! I found a different plank and managed to install the pole but it doesn’t seem safe and seems to slip. Hopefully I can put it back up in the living room soon 🙁

• Veena

Administrator
    May 28, 2020 at 7:17 pm

Sounds like it’s time to focus on flexibility or strengthening for now 💜