StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions How often should I be practicing, and for how long?

• How often should I be practicing, and for how long?

Posted by btrue1001 on July 17, 2019 at 5:01 am

Hi guys my name is Bea and I am new here :). I have been pole dancing for about a year now (but no where to the level I should be),I got a pole about 6 months ago. My classes are once a week, but as of late I find it more difficult to go to class because of work and I’m a nursing student who is towards the end of the program. So all in all I pole when I can. I usually pole at least once or twice a week for about 45min, I try to go more but I physically get so tired. I just purchased the lessons so I plan on starting from the beginning and making my way up to where I’m at, refining everything. I guess how often and how long should I be training to improve my flow? Should I split up my time like for example: spending 10min warming up, 20 min learning a trick, 20 min free styling and 10 min cool down? How do you guys do it? Thank you for reading my essay that was suppose to be a simple post. Have a great one 🙂

Neesy118 replied 4 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jihaleh

July 17, 2019 at 3:10 pm

Hi there! I’m new as well 🙂
    Currently since I have time I’ve spending around about 1.5 hours on the pole, but I also take lots of time to rest and make sure youre working on conditioning. Generally I do a 10 mins warm up, a 20 minute conditioning routine (short abs/core, foot/ankle strength, grip/wrist strength, scapula movement and mind-muscle connection and calf raises), then I pick what I’m concentrating on. As I’m on the take-off program at the moment, I go through that. I finish with stretching the big groups, something adding a stretch of too to Veena’s program if I feel like I need it. Rest days (every other day atm) I’m working on flexibility and yoga, finishing with the 20 minute conditioning routine I have.

• Veena

Administrator
    July 19, 2019 at 6:16 pm

The program are perfect for busy people I’d check those out 😊😁

• Neesy118

July 20, 2019 at 12:32 am

I’m currently working on both the Nailed It Invert and Nailed It Shoulder Mount programs. I don’t do them every day, but just pick up where I left off. This is helpful for when I just can’t think of what to work on, this plans it all out for me and I feel so accomplished after!