StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Help with attitude spin

• Help with attitude spin

Posted by Quirkygrl16 on February 3, 2016 at 4:22 am

I just cannot seem to get that back leg up! Any tips for that? I also tend to want to bring my outside leg that hooks in like a closed fireman

Veena replied 8 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Runemist34

February 3, 2016 at 9:04 pm

Sounds like you might just have to keep working and practicing! The muscles might be tight or simply unused to the movement, and are trying hard to get back to somewhere that’s comfortable.
    You can always see about getting your legs into the right position on the ground (though, be careful not to do both at the same time, as if you’re tight or your knees are a little weaker, this can be very difficult) and see if you can figure out what kind of feeling you’re going for.
    You could also try working on one leg at a time, till you can do both. So, doing your hooked leg first, and letting the back leg just swing out back instead of trying to bend it into shape. And then, once you have that, you could work on the back leg. That way, your brain isn’t trying to do too much.
    Takes practice! Not all moves come easily to everyone, and sometimes, some moves just don’t work for us. Just keep at it, and you’ll figure out if it’s for you or not 😉

• Veena

Administrator
    February 4, 2016 at 9:43 pm

You’ll need to strengthen the Adductor muscles and glutes! There are lots of lessons here that will focus on these muscle groups. 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    February 4, 2016 at 9:44 pm

oh, and for the front leg you’ll want to strengthen the Adductors, inner thigh

• Veena

Administrator
    February 4, 2016 at 9:45 pm

Ah, the first comment should say ABDUCTORS!! Sorry for the typo’s!