StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Help, did I ruin my wood floors?

• Help, did I ruin my wood floors?

Posted by grayeyes on August 13, 2017 at 3:23 pm

I took my first floor work choreo class a few nights ago and practiced at home on my hardwood floors and now I can’t get the marks out of the floor. They aren’t scratches–I even pulled my legwarmers completely down over my shoes. It’s like I’ve scraped off the 100 layers of cleaner buildup on the floor or something. I’ve tried at least five different cleaners and even a few spots with a Magic Eraser (which is probably a terrible idea on hardwoods!) and I’m making no progress. I’m trying to sell my house and now the floors are a mess. Any ideas? 🙁

grayeyes replied 6 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    August 13, 2017 at 9:23 pm

Hmmm, I’ve used magic erasers to get really tough ones off in the past but usually just use 1/2 cup white vinegar in 1 gallon of warm water. What brand of heels were they? I seem to remember seeing a post about a brand of heels causing marks on floor that wont come off!!!

• grayeyes

August 14, 2017 at 12:26 am

Pleasers and it was dragging the toes with my leg warmers completely over them! I tried vinegar in water but no luck so far. Perhaps repeated efforts will help or I suppose I may have to call a professional. I can imagine me (48-year-old) explaining what the marks are from to some 20-something.

• LatinPoler

August 14, 2017 at 12:47 pm

Preassure instead of products. Use a microfiber cloth an really rub the marks. A little water may help but that’s it. That’s how I remove the shoe marks from my floors.

• LatinPoler

August 14, 2017 at 1:06 pm

*pressure

• grayeyes

August 16, 2017 at 2:29 am

I’ll give that a try with the micro fiber. Thanks for the suggestion. Dang floors.

• pr1nc3ss

August 16, 2017 at 10:13 pm

Try mixing a little matching paint if on light floors or light sanding and then a corrective pen

• grayeyes

August 18, 2017 at 1:43 am

Hmm, that’s a good idea. I haven’t had a chance to work on them since I posted. Been busy or maybe I’ve been busy pretending the marks aren’t there.