StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Help! X-pole keeps coming down

• Help! X-pole keeps coming down

Posted by VerticalBallerina on April 24, 2017 at 8:32 am

I’m having trouble with my X-pole installation, I’ve had it come down twice while practicing which is exceptionally dangerous in itself, but this last time takes the cake, it was on spin mode and I admit I threw myself quite hard (but at 63 kilos that shouldn’t matter) and me and the pole both came crashing down and the top hit the floor so hard it made a dent. I honestly want to keep practicing but now I wouldn’t be surprised if it comes down again because with this being dented the weight won’t be distributed evenly… What do I do?? FYI the dent can’t be pushed back into place (not by hand anyway) I’ve tried.

As far as ceiling tightness I’ve secured it as far as I can possibly turn it (which worries me because I don’t want there to be TOO much tension) and it even makes a slight ticking sound while on spin mode…Which I thought was due to tension but according to a local pole instructor who I compensated to come and put it up last night to be sure, its due to the inside of the pole needing oil and that it was normal.

And then this happened.

Please help! Thanks in advance xx

Kash Marketing replied 6 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • AllysonKendal

April 24, 2017 at 12:58 pm

Sorry youre having such a rough time! That sounds so scary!

I’m a bit confused by the picture… why does your dome have those holes? And that white plastic piece in the center?

I don’t want to alarm you, but is it possible it is a fake (aka dangerous!) Xpole?

It’s also possible I just don’t really understand what I’m looking at.

• AllysonKendal

April 24, 2017 at 1:33 pm

ok after some research and look again at your pic that seems like the underside of the dome?

I saw this post here

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-V-vwC0ctn8w/UR1UKjTi8gI/AAAAAAAAARU/KjuhM34M7eE/s320/IMG_1316.JPG

that looks like yours, still not sure what the white part on yours is… is that possibly messing the fit up? It looks like it sticks out.

• mystical

April 24, 2017 at 8:17 pm

I have never seen a dome like that either but you might have to get a vaulted ceiling adapter. I don’t think the pole would be safe with the dome like that.

• Kash Marketing

April 24, 2017 at 8:55 pm

Hey VerticalBallerina,

Could you kindly contact our X-POLE US offices at +1-818-924-3576 or email our team at info@xpoleus.com so that we can work out what’s going wrong with your pole – we may need more images/videos. Look forward to hearing from you

• Enchanted1

April 25, 2017 at 2:11 pm

VerticalBallerina,

It’s also VERY important to make sure installation is on studs in your ceiling. If you aren’t sure, use a stud finder. If not properly installed on a ceiling stud, your pole will certainly fall down. Good luck.

• VerticalBallerina

April 28, 2017 at 4:55 pm

First I apologize for my late response I’ve been travelling, second thank you so much to everyone for your input!

I’m not quite sure what those holes are either but I can tell you I ordered the pole from the UK branch of X-pole as in from the company not a third party so I do feel as though the pole is genuine.

Unfortunately although I would love to simply bolt the pole down I live in a rental and I cannot make any permanent changes to the apartment; although as an aside I really do appreciate how (in theory) you can take down and put up the pole whenever you’d like.

@Kash Marketing, thank you so very much for reaching out to me about this issue what amazing customer service X-pole has! I hope I can get this sorted as my home poling experience has so far been a very frustrating (and dangerous!) experience.

Thanks everyone, wish me luck! xx

• Kash Marketing

April 28, 2017 at 5:53 pm

Any time @VerticalBallerina – we want to make sure you’re safe and confident when using your pole. If you are based in the UK, we can get our technical team from that region to make contact and solve your problem – either way, we hope to get you poling again very soon!