StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Help I’m Lost

• Help I’m Lost

Posted by danmo9582454 on August 31, 2018 at 2:28 am

I have no idea which pole I need for at home. I’m plus size so I know I want a 45mm pole. The only place I have room for my pole is in my garage and the ceiling is 11’8รขโ‚ฌย. Ideally I want a pole that I can break down and put back together to save space. Can someone tell me what I need? I don’t have a ton of money to spend but I know it’s likely that I will have to dish out a bit more to accommodate the higher ceiling

grayeyes replied 5 years, 6 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • StrangeFox

September 1, 2018 at 2:49 am

Try X-Pole. They’re excellent quality poles and very, very safe when installed correctly. I think they’re good for up to 9ft out of the box, but you can purchase extensions to go higher. You have the option of either a pressure mounted pole, or a free-standing stage. I recommend checking out the X-Pole site and contacting X-Pole directly to see what would work best for you. Their customer service is superb.

X-Pole is a little price-y but def. worth it. If you’re tight on cash, check around and see if you can buy a second hand X-Pole. You’ll want to avoid any cheap, Peek-a-boo-type poles as they are not safe for trick training.

I also highly recommend a crash-mat. Again, it’s a bit expensive, but totally worth it. I can’t even count how many times mine has saved my sorry butt. I purchased my crash mat from yogaaccessories.com

Best of luck and let us know how you make out with finding a pole! ๐Ÿ™‚

• grayeyes

September 1, 2018 at 9:53 pm

I believe Lil Mynx goes up to 12-foot poles though you do pay more the taller your pole gets. It doesn’t break down into pieces but you can literally put a Lil Mynx up and down in less than a minute. Once it’s down, of course, you need somewhere to put a nearly 12′ pole up against a wall or something–sometimes finding a space that long is harder than you think. I have a 9-10′ Lil Mynx and am very happy with it.

• Veena

Administrator
    September 1, 2018 at 11:16 pm

I’ve had a lot of really tall spaces and if you can’t do a permanent then xpole chrome is good. Don’t do brass it’s too bendy!

• bigkitty1

September 3, 2018 at 6:56 pm

I love my Lil Mynx!! I’ve had it for several years now. As said above , it really does come down quickly. Good luck!!

• Veena

Administrator
    September 3, 2018 at 7:37 pm

I’m pretty sure my lil mynx only goes to 10 ft. That’s why I don’t use it, all my ceilings are too high! I love how easy and fast it goes up and down!

• grayeyes

September 4, 2018 at 4:26 am

I’m pretty sure when I called them about 9-10 months ago when I moved to a place with 17′ ceilings they said they could do up to 12′ but after that it had to be a permanent mount–though I wouldn’t swear to that as my memory is not what it used to be. ๐Ÿ™‚