StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Haircuts and New Energy

• Haircuts and New Energy

Posted by SToast on May 12, 2015 at 11:42 am

Does anyone else find that a new/fresh haircut makes the whole world seem better? My stylist moved away about 5 months ago and I’ve just been letting my hair grow out during that time. She always gave me a fun/edgy short haircut so the grow out has been pretty ugly. Today I finally decided it was time to find someone else to trust with my hair and I got it cut. It’s like I’m me again. I’ve been feeling down lately. Not really motivated to pole or workout. Suddenly I feel like dancing again. Isn’t it strange how much our view of ourselves effects everything? Now the new faux hawk and I are off to do some long overdue pole review.

twinkle123407719 replied 7 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • jezebels

May 12, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Yes! Glad you found a new stylist/cut that makes you feel great! I haven’t had a great look in a while, but the first time I did it almost felt life changing. 🙂

• zoilife6233

May 12, 2015 at 4:10 pm

And Im stuck trying to grow my hair because I damaged it by using curling iron over a period of a year. All my ends are gone and mid length is braking off. It’s just so sad. Hair flips were always the part of my dance and now there is nothing to flip just rat tails. I still do it but it looks funny because my hair doesn’t follow the flow anymore. I tried a wig and its not comfortable and extensions are not conceivable they damage your hair even more

• Sarah Brace

May 13, 2015 at 2:44 am

I love that new hair – new energy feeling! I got into cutting my own hair a while back as my then stylist was cutting so much off it was getting shorter when I was actually trying to grow it!
    I bought some beautiful rainbow titanium scissors & dared myself to do it. Now I can have that just-been-trimmed nice feeling when I want it, without the expense! I swear it makes me walk taller 🙂
    So sorry to hear that your hair is breaking! It’s horrible when you discover damage on long hair, I had to cut the bad stuff out & re grow from healthy hair a while back, it was quicker in the long run than nursing all those frizzy split ends. I used extensions as an instant fix while it grew back but they took some getting used to.

• zoilife6233

May 13, 2015 at 11:06 am

Silver
    were your extensions clip-on or permanent?
    I cut myself the dead ends. My hair is like… you know cartoon “Brave”? it’s like that irregular curl and a little disorganized so cutting it is not visibly significant change. No one can tell if it’s straight or not. But growing is very difficult because it curls and jumps up. So when I pull my hair it’s already way below my shoulder but it scrunches up into a medium length because it’s not long enough to fall on my back. So may be in 9 months I will get it back. Right now Im happy it’s stopped falling off like it used to

• Sarah Brace

May 13, 2015 at 11:14 am

Zoilife, Mine were clip-in so I could add more or less depending on what I wanted my hair to do. I’ve also worn a big poufy ponytail on a clip, It takes about 5 seconds to go from ‘meh’ to ‘wow’ They are a livesaver when your hair refuses to cooperate some days. This is a pic taken a few years ago.

• zoilife6233

May 14, 2015 at 9:44 am

Wow looks very good.
    Thank you soooo much for giving me ideas i will try to look into a ponytail too. As long as it secure and doesn’t fall off during dance
    Thanx again

• Sarah Brace

May 14, 2015 at 10:28 am

Lol, thank you! To make a faux ponytail stay on really good & be invert-proof make sure you get the comb teeth or clip right in behind the band of your ‘real’ ponytail & make sure that’s done really tight too.

• twinkle123407719

February 17, 2017 at 6:03 am

Hair cut always gives us new energy. We look more presentable and attractive. I too love making different hair styles. For this, I am planning to order some cheap hair wigs online. I found that the Full Lace Wigs are more popular http://www.ehairwig.com/index.php/lace-wig/full-lace-wig.html . I just hope that this makes me look pretty.