StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Grippy Leggings

• Grippy Leggings

Posted by Legs4Days on February 18, 2019 at 3:33 pm

Has anyone tried any of the grippy leggings to wear while on the pole? Just wondering how they hold up.

Legs4Days replied 5 years, 1 month ago 6 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    February 18, 2019 at 10:08 pm

Yes I have a pair….they are very grippy, however the brand I bought doesn’t fit me well. They have stirrups for the feet and my legs are too long so they are too tight if I stand flat footed. I can get away with always pointing my feet but they still dig in pretty bad. Without the stirrups they pull up when I climb and dance. A more frustrating issue is that the butt doesn’t stay in place so my crack hangs out (a lot) as soon a I bend over. They work great as far as grip, but just not the right fit for me. They would work ok for doing tricks, but doing a dance in them is just not comfortable with all the constant adjusting I need to do…

• Legs4Days

February 18, 2019 at 10:37 pm

Oh wow that does sound frustrating! I just need something because I don’t like wearing shorts… I don’t like how my legs look my knee needs surgery and I would just feel better with them covered. So that’s why I needed the grippy ones .

• Veena

Administrator
    February 19, 2019 at 5:49 pm

We all have flaws, but I hope it doesn’t stop you from enjoying pole! The leggings were soooo expensive I wish I had been able to try them on first. I decided to just keep them for trying new tricks or hula hooping on my legs when its cold.

• LatinPoler

February 19, 2019 at 8:44 pm

I have the ones from Cleo and I’m not fan. They do grip the pole for legs hangs, sits and climbs, however, I never feel as safe as gripping with my own skin. I have not been able to do a side superman in them.
    I also have the crack issue LoL My booty is quite rounded, thus they are loose on the waist and I have to adjust the gap constantly. Plus they do not really breath so they will make you sweat.
    You will not be able to do drops in them, if you like drops.
    As Veena said, OK for some tricks but not to dance.
    Cleo’s are cheaper than other brands so you may want to give them a try before investing in something more expensive. And if they do not work for you, you can always wear them as street apparel.

• MdawWat

February 20, 2019 at 12:21 pm

I may have ordered mine too large because when I climb I can feel a small shift of my leg in my pants which is okay I guess but a little unnerving. I also have a pair of the stirrup ones and have the opposite problem of Veena where my legs are too short so I am thinking of having the bottoms altered.I rarely wear mine, but having the option gives me an odd since of comfort so I won’t say I regret the purchases though it has turned out to be an indulgence.

• amelia2000

February 20, 2019 at 2:43 pm

If it’s just your knees you have a problem with, you could try knee pads.

I bought the ones from mighty grip years ago as extry support because I sprained my knee a few times. I never use them now, as my knees always sweat under them, and I personally always found them annoying (the tightness as opposed to bare skin, and I have an xstage, so its not like the pads are useful in floorwork, because floor work in a tight apartment with a stage is tricky). Poledancerka have different coloured kneepads, I saw online but have never tried them,.

• MdawWat

February 21, 2019 at 10:59 pm

Following up on Amelia’s idea- over the knee boots 🙂

• Miatagirl7076686

February 24, 2019 at 1:37 am

I got the paradise chick sticky leggings, because my poles at house are outside on back patio, and to keep me poling more in winter. I love them, they are a game changer, help me pole more because I’m warmer. Yes they are not the same as skin for some things, but get me warmed up to get to bare skin later during my practice.

• Legs4Days

February 24, 2019 at 2:28 am

Thank u!