StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Grip mishap!

• Grip mishap!

Posted by AllysonKendal on July 24, 2016 at 5:58 pm

Ugh!!!! I’m not the kind of person who has sensitive skin, or tons of allergies…

But i knew I had a performance coming up on a pole that can get slippery… So I ordered Firm Grip spray because I know Veena uses it for performances.

I used it a few times to try it out. It seemed magical.

Then Thursday after work I had some random itchy spots on my knee pits. But thought nothing of it. Then that night I really sprayed it on for my 2 performances. When I got home it was late and I didn’t want to wake my husband up by showering, so I just took a wash cloth and kinds of cleaned myself up… Then when I woke up I showered in the morning. But by Friday evening HIVES EVERYWHERE. Arms, legs, shoulders, belly.

I feel so awful and I want to claw my skin off. 🙁 I was taking Benadryl but it would knock me out then 4 hours I would wake up itching and take another Benadryl and repeat the cycle. So no I’m on prescription meds…. But blah!

Sorry I just needed to vent! I feel like such a miserable lump.

Veena replied 7 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Neesy118

July 24, 2016 at 7:43 pm

Omg, those look wicked itchy. Hope they go away fast

• dustbunny

July 25, 2016 at 2:59 am

Oh no! Have you tried calamine lotion, Aveeno makes a nice anti itch cream too. I hope you’re better soon.

• Veena

Administrator
    July 25, 2016 at 5:44 am

Ah! Ouch, I hope it’s feeling better now!!!!!!

• Kaia

July 25, 2016 at 6:44 pm

Zyrtec works great for me for hives. Good luck! I really hope you’re feeling better soon!

• AllysonKendal

July 25, 2016 at 11:49 pm

Thanks guys! I broke down and took some corticosteroids. On day 2 and they have me about 75% better. I was even able to pole a little today!

I’m super bummed because that grip seemed like such a great performance solution! But it’s absolutely not worth it since my body hates it!

Hopefully I’ll be 100% better by the end of the week. 😬😬😬

I just kept thinking about Veena and her chickenpox as I was itching away… And I felt so bad!!!

• Veena

Administrator
    July 26, 2016 at 4:39 pm

You’re too cute! I hope it’s better now. I only use that spray in the on really cold poles in really cool climates. I find that the mix of mighty grip and drew point works well for performance and it comes off MUCH easier!