StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Gemini trick and points of contact

• Gemini trick and points of contact

Posted by Dust on January 19, 2017 at 4:44 am

When I do the gemini move, notice thati get my tummy flappy in layers. Im petite size and not chubby, but the way the pole sits on my side tummy makes me have layers which looks disgusting and i dont see that in videos or pictures of others. Any help maybe I’m doing a wrong point of contact? Thank you

AllysonKendal replied 7 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Kimmaaaaay

January 20, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Whether or not it helps with the tummy-wrinkles, I did learn a great little trick the other day with the Gemini that helps lock you into the right contact point in your hip pocket:

When you invert up and then put your outside leg over the pole, before you let go with your arms, pull up and pull your chest through from between your arms. When you let go, the pole is automatically in the hip pocket in the right place and you don’t have to re-lock your leg to make sure it’s in the knee pit to hold you up.

That trick might help with some amount of sliding down the pole when you’re getting into your Gemini. The sliding might be pulling the skin around in your hip pocket around and resulting in the wrinkles you don’t like.

Good luck!

• Veena

Administrator
    January 20, 2017 at 10:58 pm

Do you have a photo of yourself doing this so we can see?

• AllysonKendal

January 21, 2017 at 12:05 am

Yes a photo would be helpful!

I do notice shorter people tend to have the pole more on their belly because they have to rotate towards the pole to get it in their kneepit. Longer legs can rotate away from the pole getting it more I. The hip pocket.

Anecdotally… shorter people tend to prefer inside leg hang over outside leg hang. 🙂