StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Garage flooring?

• Garage flooring?

Posted by azu polerbear on October 30, 2020 at 1:36 pm

Hi all,

I just moved and was planning on setting up my pole in the garage (high ceilings YAY) but we were thinking of putting down a vinyl mat flooring instead of the concrete. This garage flooring has texture as to not be slippery but they don’t have it in store for me to feel the texture and I was wondering if anyone has ever danced on floor like this and whether there’s feedback you wouldn’t mind sharing 🙂

Thank you!

Veena replied 3 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • monica kay

October 30, 2020 at 4:49 pm

If you can afford vinyl flooring and have someone to install it, I think it would be a nicer poling experience. Poling hurts, so if the floor “hurts” too, it just seems de-motovsting IMHO. You don’t even need to do the entire garage- just the area around the pole. Doing floorwork on sub-flooring or concrete slabs or anything that doesn’t clean easily is not fun

• Veena

Administrator
    October 30, 2020 at 9:26 pm

Dooo it! I’ve covered carpet floors with plywood then vinyl or laminate flooring and it works so well. Not all vinyl is the same finish some has more texture so if you can tell from the description that it’s smooth, go for it. Pretty much anything will be better than a garage floor!