StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Frustrated With My Noodle Core…

• Frustrated With My Noodle Core…

Posted by StrangeFox on June 23, 2017 at 1:15 am

I apologize if this comes off a bit long and rant-y but I’m having a terrible week and I’m feeling so, so discouraged. 🙁 After some milestone accomplishments on the weekend I kind of felt super invincible and overdid it and I have yet another mild rhomboid injury…this time from a different sport (cycling) and on a different side (my dork side). It’s almost all healed up now but I’m still taking it easy, which is making me totally miserable but better a week of rest than a month of torture!

I’m super bummed out about this injury, and the fact that my core strength gains are going at a snail’s pace. I’ve felt everything improve except my core, and this always seems to be a weak spot for me no matter what the sport. Obviously I have some type of imbalance if I keep tweaking my rhomboids. I have been told I have a great deal of shoulder and torso mobility, which might be contributing to the issue as it’s possible I’m hyper-extending without realizing it at times.

This dreadfully weak core of mine is slowing me down. I’m still doing the toe hold inversion because of my lack of core strength (can’t get my hips to the pole…better drop my shoulders early!) I’m trying to stay positive and go at my own pace but I’m just so fed up. And I know I’ve only been poling for 2 months, and that I shouldn’t compare, but everyone else in my class is seeing massive core strength improvements and they’re all getting their ankles to the pole. I don’t even care whether or not I’m the best…cripes, I’d be happy with being average at this point! Haha!

My problem is I just can’t figure out what exercises to do to improve. I can hold a plank for 2 mins, do a headstand, do multiple knee tucks, hold a strong pole hold, climb the pole, do multiple full push ups… where the heck am I failing? I still can’t do hold spin. 🙁 Having a noodle core sucks SO bad.

StrangeFox replied 6 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    June 27, 2017 at 2:45 am

There are many options in the lessons.

Routines:
    Core conditioning routine
    Hard core warm up
    Shoulders and Abs routine
    Shoulder mount strength routine
    The stands routine

You will also find a bunch of options in the Exercise section and Conditioning section.

Also working on any of the 30 day programs will improve over all strength, core included!

• StrangeFox

June 27, 2017 at 4:14 am

Thanks Veena!!! As always you are incredibly kind, supportive, and helpful, and I really appreciate it.

I started doing the invert program, but switched to do the 30 day take off because I feel like I’m still missing out on a lot of fundamentals and could really benefit from starting at the beginning. 🙂 I think I’m just super bummed out because I’m so far behind core strength-wise despite working on my core for over a year. Obviously, what I’ve been doing thus far hasn’t been working for me, so I’m excited to see how things improve while I’m using your programs. I’ll let you know how I progress. 🙂 The good thing is my legs are pretty strong so once I’m upside down I have no issues. Heck, I can even pull myself into an inversion from the floor by inching up the pole backwards using my legs. Kind of like an upside-down climb – granted, I can only get myself a few feet off the ground this way before I tire out.

It’s possible I’m cancelling out my strength training by over-training with cardio and not eating to compensate. In day 2 of the take-off you mentioned a healthy snack should be eaten within 30 mins of training. It’s stuff like that, that I think I’m missing.

I did reach a happy point with the shoulder roll up this past Sunday. I kept getting cramps and stitches in my intercostals because I wasn’t able to engage my core while coming down. Sunday was the first time I ever felt my core engage, and it was also the first time I was able to slowly lower to the ground from my shoulders to my lower back, one vertebrae at a time. No intercostal pain! So I do see some gains since I started poling.