StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Foot extensor tendinitis

• Foot extensor tendinitis

Posted by Estef Martinez on November 25, 2017 at 3:02 am

Hello everyone. I’ve been having a lot of pain on the top of my foot. It happened because of a trip I made to Japan in which I walked all day. Then I came back and went to pole lessons and it got worse. I finally went to the doctor today. He needs X rays to confirm it’s not an issue with the bones (hopefully) which I had done today but he said I will probably need a couple of weeks rest. Any ideas on how and what to train that won’t involve using the foot? It’s painful even to walk, so standing on my toes is a definite no. I’m going to mainly focus on flexibility until I can use my foot again, but I don’t want to lose the strength gains I’ve made these past few months in the upper body.

Veena replied 6 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    November 26, 2017 at 6:28 pm

Ouch, how did the x ray turn out?

As far as other training, for now focus on flexibility as you mentioned or try working on the conditioning lessons, or even give hooping or chair work a try!

• Estef Martinez

November 27, 2017 at 1:58 am

I will get my results from the X rays tomorrow. I’ll keep my fingers crossed it’s nothing on the bones! And I’ve been hooping too! I actually made two hoops with your tutorial Veena 😀😀😀 Chair work sounds fun too, I hadn’t thought of it!!!

• Veena

Administrator
    November 27, 2017 at 2:29 am

Keep us posted!!

• Estef Martinez

December 2, 2017 at 1:34 pm

The great news is my foot is feeling better, yay!!!! I’ll still have to be super careful to not walk on the balls of my feet for a while but pointing them is fine now!!!

• Veena

Administrator
    December 2, 2017 at 5:15 pm

Yay!!!