StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Flexibility Training

• Flexibility Training

Posted by McKaila Kayanna on June 10, 2018 at 6:36 pm

Looking for your favorite DVDs or online training videos/websites for at home flexibility training.

PS What do you do to motivate yourself to keep training when you see minimal progress?

Veena replied 5 years, 10 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • travelerunderstars4916

June 11, 2018 at 1:51 am

So I love Veena’s flexibility videos and they are truly amazing I’ve been using them for also two years now. But if I’m going to promote anything else it would have to be Stretchit. I LOVE the new Stretchit app it’s short 15-45 min videos with stretching and strength training and I feel like it’s helping me SO much. I also have Felix Cane’s flexy DVD and I love that too actually but right now I’m mostly using Stretchit.

• Nat

June 12, 2018 at 1:44 am

I also use stretch it app and like it, although I find it difficult to keep up with it. I have Alethea Austin pure splits dvd too and it’s really good and definitely I have noticed a difference in my split training.

• Runemist34

June 12, 2018 at 2:42 am

I’ve tried a few different ones, and honestly, I just like to go on my own! I find most other people either count too fast, too slow, or include moves I simply cannot achieve or be in comfortably.
    I started doing yoga a while ago, and that really helped. I find yoga to be an easy, happy medium that keeps me occupied and stretches places that basically nothing else does.
    I also find stretching in my own way allows me some freedom, in case I need to avoid, or focus on, a certain area that day (due to soreness, overstretching, or general discomfort).
    What keeps me going is… I just stick it at the end of all my training. Lift weights in the gym? Time for stretching. Pole dance? Stretching after! Running for 30 minutes? Stretch, and then go for a shower.
    By attaching it to something else I’m already doing, it takes the “motivation” out of it, which means you don’t need to force yourself to do it. That way, it also takes the need for “progress” out of it- you’re stretching because you worked out, not because you want something.
    Flexibility takes lots of time, and certain things take different amounts of time. It’s also not a linear path, you’ll feel like you make lots of progress, take a day or two off, and then suddenly it’s all gone! Or, maybe you stretch a bit too much one day, and then you’re too sore the next.

So, be patient! It takes the time it takes.

Also, if you REALLY want a DVD, I found Felix Can’es flexibility DVD to be the best I tried (and also the best of her DVD set), but it’s a bit hard to follow as she’s not strong on auditory cues 😉

• Veena

Administrator
    June 12, 2018 at 4:44 pm

Hi Mckaila!!

I have never done DVD’s because you can’t update content and the health and fitness industry is always growing and changing so I think having up to date info is important! DVD’s are very limited as far as content goes so when picking make sure you check reviews to check and see if they have a good amount of content!!

If you have access to a computer or other device you’ll be able to access the lessons here! Also as a new member you get 3 days FREE assess to the lessons, so check out the flexibility section!

You’ll find I do different styles of flexibility training some are dynamic (mostly done without you even know that’s my intent) 🙂 That style is found in many of my other training routines.

I also offer a more relaxing flowly style of stretch and mobility practice that I call Flowmotion. Great to do before bed or as your warm up!

You’ll find a 30 day flexibility program you can follow as well.

There are individual lessons that teach you how to properly hold your body while in so more popular positions to get the most out of your time. For example: Contract the opposing muscle group while in hold and not just passively sitting in a move.

Once you understand the individual lessons then move on to the 3 ROUTINES I have 2 for splits and one for back!

There are some more advanced stretches to prep you for moves like Ballerina aka Eagle. All of these are found in the app too if you have access to that!

https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view_category/stretching-exercises